Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that is the ? So now i have the swing arm off, i cant help but to notice the 2 welds on the right side. Im taking parts in to have paint done in a week, so if im going to do it i should do it now. Anyone here have any problems with grinding those down? Anyone here done it? Inquirering minds want to know.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I am tearing mine down for paint this spring and plan to do an x-ray of the frame and swing arm. this will tell me if I have to re-weld or if there is enough to grind.

There was a fury posted that was re-painted and it looked like it had the welds ground down but I have not talked to them.

but my best advise DO NOT TOUCH THOSE WELDS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
If the Welds were done with proper penetration ( I can assure you Honda did) they are fine to grind down just watch your heat generation

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
we have a member (westcoast honda) that did a re-paint and it looks like (from his pics) that he ground them down on the frame and swing arm.
I sent him a PM to ask if he did.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Shorty. I havent been on the fence this bad in a while. I dont know why, but every time i look at it my eye is drawn to them. Yet the other side is clean.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Just replied to your PM, I was thinking you were going with chrome, ask the painter if he can take them down some and fill in the rest, then repaint, like I said in the PM, mine are about 1/2 gone from sanding and polishing.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just replied to your PM, I was thinking you were going with chrome, ask the painter if he can take them down some and fill in the rest, then repaint, like I said in the PM, mine are about 1/2 gone from sanding and polishing.
Nah, chroming that swing arm is too much IMHO. The torque arm underneath, yeah that will be chromed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts