Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, It is hot down here. 馃サIn the upper 90's and I'm drawn to the A/C in my truck after work.
So I'm gonna disassemble some of my bike and do some work. Gonna wire the led license plate
frame, replace front and rear brake pads with EBC Sintered pads, replace the front brake light switch,
Sand, fill, prime and paint the fenders and tank. I think Apple red metallic馃. And finally I'm gonna add
an oil pressure gauge. 馃槑I rounded up the fittings, gauge, mount and braided line.
I will post pics while doing this I promise.馃槆

Reactions: Gizmo and boatwire

Registered
Too hot? To RIDE?? Too hot to ride??? I'm confused... A Honda Fury is Liquid Cooled.馃挦 She'll be fine!

Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
Discussion Starter #3
Too hot? To RIDE?? Too hot to ride??? I'm confused... A Honda Fury is Liquid Cooled.馃挦 She'll be fine!
I know the bike will be fine but I won't. 馃サ馃槄馃槄

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
I know the bike will be fine but I won't. 馃サ馃槄馃槄
I'm the same way. When I was a kid, I could ride all summer long. Now that I'm getting old, it's usually too hot for me to ride most of the summer. I may as well get rid of my bike, since I'm lucky if I ride half a dozen times a year.

Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
Discussion Starter #5
I'm the same way. When I was a kid, I could ride all summer long. Now that I'm getting old, it's usually too hot for me to ride most of the summer. I may as well get rid of my bike, since I'm lucky if I ride half a dozen times a year.
It usually cools down mid to late September. I can take it then. I wear a half helmet so it's not to bad.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
I get the [too] hot to ride idea. I am a short-distance commuter, and I wear All The Gear All The Time (ATGATT), and my stuff is black leather. At temps up to 90F I can manage just fine, but above 90, it can be tough to cool down after getting stuck at a light in the sun. We had a day >100 recently and that was my first time to pass on the riding since last Winter when there was snow/ice on the road. On the bright side, there hasn't been a month in the last 14 that I didn't ride at all. So, for me it can be too hot to ride, but never hot enough to ride without my safety gear.

@powgenman , good luck with the updates.

Super Moderator
Starts it by putting in a quarter...

Premium Member
For those who have never done it, try a air cooled HD in slow traffic in the summer. It's not hot as hell, but right next to it.

Super Moderator
For those who have never done it, try a air cooled HD in slow traffic in the summer. It's not hot as hell, but right next to it.
Every 5 years in Milwaukee is a big event. IF I remember correctly (and I might have the dates wrong), the 95th & 105th Anniversaries were really big, and hot, and we had a lot of Big Iron melt-downs due to traffic jams.

To compensate for this, H-D came out with something new, they turn off 1/2 the engine:

The rest of the world discovered something far more simple: a fan:

Registered
Jesus you still are here?
C'mon, you're really stretching it there with the 6x per year...
:LOL:

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

Registered
Yeah you're old but you're still young enough to ride so get out there and ride while you can. My best friend still can't ride after his stroke and he finds it real hard not being able to ride. He'd ride in any heat just to be riding again. It's so sad to see him polishing his bikes and starting the engines once a week and not be able to even ride down the street and back.

Premium Member
After I sold the HD I tried to convince myself that I did not need a Motorcycle. Made it 4 months until it got the best of me. Some people thought I had the covid but it was just motorcycle no more withdrawals. My Fury cured all my symptoms (y)

Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, You hit me with lemmy. 馃槦
I will rock till I'm dead and beyond, select music from various metal artists at my viewing and after party.
I will ride in the heat but since it's so hot right now I chose to take this time to do a little work to my bike.
please don't judge me.馃槑

Reactions: JCB

Registered
Wow, You hit me with lemmy. 馃槦
I will rock till I'm dead and beyond, select music from various metal artists at my viewing and after party.
I will ride in the heat but since it's so hot right now I chose to take this time to do a little work to my bike.
please don't judge me.馃槑
Nahh... just yankin' yer chain. (Actually, it wasn't you complaining about bein' old.)

Speaking of 'chain'... I rode over to a buddies today to change his chain and sprockets. Checked the radar before I left and the skies were clear, (you can see where this heading, right?). In a matter of an hour an entire, fully developed storm front rolled in singing "Here Comes The Boom!" and there was no end in sight. I had to ride home in Duck Mode. "One of the wettest, from the standpoint of water," to quote an idiot. Seriously though, about halfway it lightened up a little and it was just a warm shower so, believe it or not, it turned into kind of a nice ride!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts