Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the cobras swept types pipes. I just keep thinking of removing the baffle. I am still undecided. For all you guys who have removed them, are they annoyingly loud. Do they have a lower sound quality when just cruising on the parkway. Ore are they the ear bleeding loud .

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I have never heard a Fury with the baffles in. I took mine out from the start, so I couldnt tell you. Are you concerned about getting a ticket for them being too loud if you take the baffles out?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but more concern of getting a headache while riding on a long trip. Do they toned down when just cruising?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still would like a lot more input

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that. that works.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
honestly your not going to hear the pipes that much cruising down the road anyways as the sound will be blown behind you, I have the Morton Inferno's and they are a very loud pipe and I don't hear them all that much when riding down the road, stopped or just idling you can hear them good of course. my suggestion is to take them out and let that girl scream when you twist that throttle.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Pull them out. If it's too loud you can always put them back in or modify them.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Finally, I had my modified baffles out but just put them back in. They are loud without them but you dont get that "drone" when your on the road. You feel a huge power loss because you dont have the backpressure. I have been reading about the Thunder Mountain baffles. Read up on those!
If you need some wrench help let me know.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
They might give you a headache if your in your garage with the door shut for a few hours from the fumes. On the road no chance. Now the guy behind you, that's a different story.

They're easy to pull and put back in. Everyones opinion is different so pop em out and judge for yourself. Takes about 5 minutes.

I think there is a free baffle puller bouncing around the country right now, might put your name on the list!:D

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I wouldn’t be too concerned with them being too loud. I actually wanted them louder, just pull into a Harley shop and nobody will hear you coming. I recently modified mine (see Dave’s link above) because I wanted to see if I was losing too much power. Bike doesn’t have quit as much bark, but it is running better. I would love to hear the Thunder City Baffles.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Sound is much better. Everyone compliments the bike ... then when I start it up their eyes really pop.

On the road, I've not noticed that much loss of power due to loss of backpressure. Maybe the Cobra Fi2000R compensates for that??

Finally, on the highway, you'll have more wind noise in your ear than you'll hear your own bike.

I've taken them out, I've drilled the ends and put them back in, and I've taken them out, again. So, you need to experiment for yourself, as well, I think.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I can't compare to them with baffles in, like some of the others I pulled mine before I installed the pipes and love the sound. the cops in Lincoln can be a real pain in the ass about loud pipes. I have been cruising next to them and never had an issue. Even had one roll down his window and comment on how nice my bike was, and that was when idling at a stop light and thats when they are loud. Pull em, you won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I can't compare to them with baffles in, like some of the others I pulled mine before I installed the pipes and love the sound. the cops in Lincoln can be a real pain in the ass about loud pipes. I have been cruising next to them and never had an issue. Even had one roll down his window and comment on how nice my bike was, and that was when idling at a stop light and thats when they are loud. Pull em, you won't regret it.
+1 Well said.
And, when a cop's around ... just don't run up the RPMs between shifts. Just pedal lightly 'til they go away.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
+1 Well said.
And, when a cop's around ... just don't run up the RPMs between shifts. Just pedal lightly 'til they go away.
Hahaha that's funny, if all you have to worry about is baffles as a police officer, then you have too much free time on your hands.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Pull them out you wont regret it. I modified mine but finally took them out again. Sound much better. I think is also a safety thing because people hear you coming or going. You dont have people cutting you off as much.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I should be getting the baffle remover sometime today i believe so who ever wants it next just PM me your address and when I get them pulled (this weekend) I will get it sent out to you. Thanks again to J.A.T.O. for letting everyone use your baffle remover!

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Just keep in mind the state you're in. In PA - this is verifiable - your bike will fail inspection if you have baffles pulled. I've checked with three shops and they've all said the same thing. PA won't tolerate pulled baffles, and cops here will ticket you if you get pulled over with them out. Just sayin'. To me, the increased sound isn't worth that much trouble, especially if everyone is saying that you can't hear it that much more anyway. What's the point? Loss of power, can't really hear it, fail inspection, possibly tickets...why? :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts