Honda Fury Forums: banner

Tokyo Motor Show 2009

13K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  springmaker 
#1 ·
#6 · (Edited)
Like to slap a riser on the red and white one with spikes

#7 ·
translated from SOLO-MOTO

Based on the 1300 CX VT, aka Fury, Honda presented in 'his' Salon de Tokyo two new custom models, the VT 1300 CR (red) and CS (black), the first custom classic style first and the second in custom plan "sport", seconding already submitted to the custom chopper VT CX 1300 European or American Fury.

The engine, in the absence of detailed official statement is the same V-twin with 52 degrees of 1,312 cc, LC 4T, SOHC, 6 valves, dual spark plugs per cylinder head, PGM-FI electronic fuel injection, relationships and change of 5 per tree final drive Cardano, but the cycle varies.

These custom adopt a double-cradle frame of round steel tube geometries with regard to the Fury. At that, his face chopper style steering column is very high (see comparative photos side), whereas in the new versions CR and CS, the chassis is much less radical, with a shorter range and less pitch.

The tires also vary. In the classic CR adopting a five-alloy wheels sticks, the 17-inch front and 15 rear, with large balloon tires. In the CS 'sports' are mounted alloy wheels also five clubs, but the front is 19 inches, the rear is 15, identical to the CR.

Disc brakes are unchanged, with 336 mm front disc and a 296-rear with two piston calipers (three pistons if they have C-ABS) and piston respectively. In the CR the fenders are big and enveloping, and send the canons of classic custom. The tail light is large, the pilot and passenger seat is more foam, more comfortable riding position and his feet are a little more developed and less stretched arms.

In the CS (Custom Sport) fenders are smaller, the tail light and fender is the same as the Fury, the seat is harder and less foaming and the position is more radical with arms outstretched and less curved handlebars and short. In both versions the fuel tank is the same, more elongated and, because the new chassis, placed lower than the Fury, which is a definition of customs long and low for the two new versions.

Within weeks, quad the Tokyo Motor Show opens its doors, we are ready to expand information and details of these two new models that Honda includes within its next marketing models for 2010.

#17 ·
Looks like the Interstate is a Stateline with windshield and maybe saddlebags.

Anybody still looking for more range on their Fury may be able to adapt the Sabre/Stateline gas tank which apears to have more capacity but retains the Fury style.

The article states that the tank and rear fender on the Fury are the same on the CS.

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonr
how so? i think the fury is the best looking one out of them all, besides that sweet moped. trade if you dont like it.

agreed. those don't stand out like the fury does. no thanks

The fact that the larger tank(if it indeed is), the cleaner welds, the instrumentation placement that allows aftermarket bars and the better exhaust layout are showing up in a finished state a mere 5 months after this bike hit the market would suggest that they were already aware of the major concerns with the fury. That means that all of us who bought the fury the first 5 months basically paid 13K to be beta testers. That's bulls#!* in my opinion.

#27 ·
For anyone who is upset :( over the proposed introduction of the Sabre, Stateline and Interstate I'm thinking you'd be suicidal :mad: if the they had come first, you bought one :D and the Fury was just announced :eek:.

Just sayin' is all :rolleyes:.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Have you guys paid attention to the wheels! Only the Fury has 9 spokes the others have a fugly five spoke wheel.

#35 · (Edited)
While I wish that they hadn't 'shared the tank' with the other VTX1300 models, it looks like the Fury retains the 'premium' treatment. We get the seamless tank, a color matched frame and a front wheel whose spoke pattern matches up with the disk carrier.

If they hadn't shared the basic tank, the Fury would continue to really stand out amongst all other mass production bikes. Alas, that is no more (but I can't blame them wanting to do what's needed to sell more bikes).

#36 ·
Looks like they have dropped all the reflectors for the new line.:D

I still like the Fury the best out of all of them. I only way I would have been dissapointed is if they would have came out with a Fury with a 250+ rear tire and larger engine. I would be looking to trade for sure.

#42 ·
Better just get that fugly raider then , Honda is still trying to unload VTX1800's and they haven't mader them in 2 years.....cant give them away.
Apparently, Honda knows what sells and the 1800 engine isn't it. There are only so many old fat dudes compensaating for a tiny penis and they already bought the vtx1800.

#45 ·
Yep.

Honda VT1300CS & VT1300CR First Look - Honda Cruiser First Look - Motorcycle USA

Honda Motorcycles announced two new variations of its chopper-styled cruiser, the Fury, in conjunction with the start of the Tokyo Motor Show. The first, called the VT1300CR, gives the Fury more classic appeal with large, deeply valanced fenders and wider tires on new five-spoke wheels. The wheels are much smaller than the 21-inch front/18-inch combo of the Fury as the CR rolls on a 17-inch front and 15-inch rear combo. The ‘high neck’ space between the 1312cc, SOHC V-Twin engine and the frame has been reduced so it has much less of a ‘chopper’ stance. The speedo gauge that previously rested between the bars is now mounted on top of the tank, and the bars appear to pull back more for a relaxed riding position. The rear fender also features a large taillight smack dab in the center.

The VT1300CS has a less radical neck height like the CR, but runs with smaller fenders and no fender-mounted taillight similar to the package on the Fury. The CS has sporty new five-spoke alloy wheels, going tall (21 inch) up front and short and wide (15 inch) out back. Overall, the VT1300CS is 4.72-inches shorter, aided by what appears to be a tighter rake angle, and 5.8-inches thinner than the CR because of its different handlebars. The riding position is additionally slanted toward the sporty side because of the bars. The seat sports a thinner cushion than the one on the CR while the speedo sits in the middle of a tank-mounted console as well.

The Honda VT1300CX, aka the Fury here in the States, will still be available with its high head pipe and long front fork. All three versions source the mill developed in the VTX1300 cruiser, a liquid-cooled, 52-degree V-Twin with a single-pin crankshaft and dual balancers. Whether the two new versions of the Fury will be available Stateside remains a mystery, as today it received its exclusive Japanese premiere. But since the Fury is tailor-made for the American market, I anticipate a North American release.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.