Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up with MyFuryRide (Mike) today and he cut up my bike....but it was totally worth it! It looks like a totally different bike. It was dropped a little over 2.5 inches.

Here's a side by side comparison before. Mike's Fury is lowered 3.5-4 inches in the rear with the fender mod and he lowered the shock and shaved the swing arm. My bike looks like a dirt bike!

Here's my bike taken apart. The blue tape is marked where the cuts will be made-

Let the cutting begin!

After the cut-

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

After welding, grinding, and paint-

And all put together! What a difference!

Before-

After-

·
Registered
111 Posts
I met up with MyFuryRide (Mike) today and he cut up my bike....but it was totally worth it! It looks like a totally different bike. It was dropped a little over 2.5 inches.

Here's a side by side comparison before. Mike's Fury is lowered 3.5-4 inches in the rear with the fender mod and he lowered the shock and shaved the swing arm. My bike looks like a dirt bike!
Great pics!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Side by side after. We figured out that the bike on the right always looks lower!

This is a must do mod for this bike! For all of you who are worried about cutting it....just do it! You won't regret it one bit.

I'll get some full profile shots up later this week when I have some down time

Thanks Mike for all your help! Can't wait to ride :p

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Black one looks about 1 1/2-2" lower, its an optical illusion because of the pitch of the bikes on stands. But your bike looks good dare, Im still contemplating this and thinking just be patient and do the 250, I hate sissy bars and my GF wants to go out on the bike at times so dont want the seat pitched too much to the back (I kinda like her and want to keep this one around a bit)

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
That looks really good!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Black one looks about 1 1/2-2" lower, its an optical illusion because of the pitch of the bikes on stands. But your bike looks good dare, Im still contemplating this and thinking just be patient and do the 250, I hate sissy bars and my GF wants to go out on the bike at times so dont want the seat pitched too much to the back (I kinda like her and want to keep this one around a bit)
Go to the post Richard1(Ohio) meets MyfuryRide(indiana) Richard has the sumo X 250 mod. I have the Tony Fender mod and Dyi shock mod. There are the same side by side comparisons pics There between our bikes also. Or in my profile, album (Ohio ride), but pics are huge cause i dnt know how to down size

Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Looks good. You two ought to start your own traveling road show, going around the country doing the Tony Mod for forum members. :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah his is 1.5 inches lower. I plan on going with the L&M spring this summer so we don't have to cut anymore of my bike :D

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Looks like the shock setting is all the way up on the matte silver.
Did you have the setings the same on both bikes in the photo's?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like the shock setting is all the way up on the matte silver.
Did you have the setings the same on both bikes in the photo's?
Both were on the lowest settings. He made different holes where the shock mounts to the sming arm and grinded it down to lower it an additional inch and a half. I will be going that low with the spring

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I wish I knew how to do this stuff. That looks so much better.
Any chance of coming to illinois? I think you should take Richards advice and do a road show.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks great I really want to come check this out, I am curious if this would void the warranty.
I talked to my dealer about it and they said the only problem they could see from it is wires rubbing on the inside of the frame structure...but there aren't any! They said that if something did go wrong, it'd be covered the first time under warranty. But the second time Honda would want to see pictures to see if it'd be void or not. If you have it done by a legitimate welder you should never have a problem with it.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I wish I knew how to do this stuff. That looks so much better.
Any chance of coming to illinois? I think you should take Richards advice and do a road show.
I could, would be cheaper then other options also. Can ya cook a good steak???

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
It's great to see side by side comparisons....I really want to do mine also..thanks for showing us pix..
Illinois, Kentucky??? i better get a enclosed trailer and business cards

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
This mod needs a cool name..:cool:.. Maybe the T-Drop....Tony's Slow n Low...:D......Any ideas..???

1 - 20 of 38 Posts