Honda Fury Forums: banner

Took The Plunge

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  X_KIOWA_X 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share a few pictures that I took as I took the plunge and decided to paint my engine a gloss black.

Man I have to tell you that it was more work than I expected and it's not perfect, don't know if it was the weather and if the humidity was to high or what but I had a couple of places that wanted to spread/bubble like there was oil on the engine but I cleaned it so I don't know exactly what the issue was.

Don't know how I exactly feel about it as I have to get the bike back together and see exactly what is covered and what blemishes there are and need fixed, actually kind of nervous to see it all back together to see how it turned out with the sun shining.

These pictures show the tear down and masking job that I did and probably tomorrow when I finish getting it back together I'll take more pictures and upload them to here. Let me know your thoughts/opinions so far.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I sure hope so, I'm about to go outside and finish putting things back together, sure hope it turned out good or I guess I'm stuck with tearing it all apart and sanding it down and repainting it again, it's a pain in the ass to get that thing all taped up lol.

How did you prep the engine? I took a green scuff pad between the fins and scrubbed like hell. Then followed with a microfiber with alcohol. If your having bubbling or running issues, try that and see if you cant get a better bite on that spot.
well I roughed it up and all that good stuff but I might have missed those spots somehow, guess if it looks like crap after getting things back together I'll have to sand her up and throw another coat on her.

The only thing stopping me from doing this is getting runs between the fins and between the heads. I am getting close to doing this. Just hard for me to do this without a garage. My luck I will get the final coat on and it be perfect then a gust of wind comes and blow pollen or leaves on the wet paint lol. All I need is a place for 2 days to do this and I'm all over it. Prep is the hardest part and patience is always low with me. Looks great so far dude!
lmfao yeah that's my problem also, no garage and the wind was gusting off and on yesterday so I had to paint it when there was no wind, but I didn't notice any dirt or anything getting on it, but it was a little dark out as I had the bike parked under a tree to keep myself and the bike out of direct sunlight, guess I'll see how it turned out when I go outside here in a few and see what the damage is lol.

#5 ·
The only thing stopping me from doing this is getting runs between the fins and between the heads. I am getting close to doing this. Just hard for me to do this without a garage. My luck I will get the final coat on and it be perfect then a gust of wind comes and blow pollen or leaves on the wet paint lol. All I need is a place for 2 days to do this and I'm all over it. Prep is the hardest part and patience is always low with me. Looks great so far dude!

#7 ·
Here's the finished product, I know this has been done before and shared with the forum but figured I would share mine also, turned out pretty decent, just hope that it holds up, would definitely help if you have a garage or storage building to keep you out of the elements and to be able to take your time, wish I had another day to work on it but it is what it is for a do it yourself project, enjoy.

Attachments

#8 ·
And some more, and no I didn't do anything to the license plate that's just the way it came out from the flash on the camera.

Attachments

#10 ·
guess I need to get online and find me a ninja suit and wear that when riding lol. Thanks for the compliment, just need to get that powder coated side stand, just a few more and then my turn.

#14 ·
really i don't think it's that blacked out, still got all the factory plastichrome and plus the extra stuff i have put on, and to tell the truth i very, very rarely ride at night and i always park it out of the way so no one should ever run into it, but there's always one asshole that will park next to you no matter how far away you park and ding your shit lol, maybe i should buy up a bunch of reflectors and stick them all over it just to make sure lol.

he doesn't know anything about stealth lol. hey if you want to go through the trouble of getting new post stickers i will build you a tab that will attach under the front caliper bolt.
that sounds good, just let me know when you get it put together and we'll hook up and i'll get it and then get some new stickers, luckily they are free lol. speaking of meeting up i told matteorange173 that we need to get together and take a ride. actually i haven't been riding to much since it's been so damn hot here plus doing lots of things around the house.

#16 ·
I had to go to the Ed Center today and I'll be damned if there wasn't a red 2010 sitting in the bike parking, so I parked next to him and when I was about to head into the Ed Center he came out, told him about the site and that he needed to sign up and get some great info on parts and mods that he can do himself for free or close to free, only real thing he asked me was what kind of pipes I had, his bike was bone stock.

I asked Matteorange173 about hooking up to take a ride a while back and said he was on leave and would hit me up when he got back, guess he got busy, but one of these days we'll all hook up and take a ride. Yeah sounds good about the sticker plate, thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.