Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Perhaps the motorcycle manufacturers are to blame. They’ve made their products so reliable that we take them for granted. We almost feel that if we just keep our bike’s tank full and spoon new rubber on the rims when necessary, we’ve got our machinery handled. Well, that’s not quite true, and consequently, many riders tend to overlook basic maintenance for extended periods. While lots of riders have the off-season in which they have the time away from riding to take care of annual upkeep, many little things need to be done on a regular basis throughout the riding season.
Read more about the Top 10 Overlooked Maintenance Items at Motorcycle.com.

·
Premium Member
13,552 Posts
As I'm reading through this (and thinking wow this is sooo rudimentary) it dawned on me I have no idea how to check my antifreeze!!!!! :surprise:

Any ideas? I'll look tonight but I never thought about it.
Right behind the ignition cap is the coolant cap, check it the same as a car.:smile:

·
Registered
2,228 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I'm also one to grease the caliper slide.

The fill for the coolant (cap) is behind the ignition cover, but to check the level the reservoir tank with the level mark is behind the lower cover on the drive side (left side of bike if you're sitting on it), or the one cover that has the bolt below the oil diptick on the side

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Hell, I grease my brake pads, too much friction causes heat, heat = bad berries.:grin:
Well, I wouldn't want anybody to have bad berries...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Blinker fluid should be changed regularly. Since I dont use blinkers I don't worry about it tho'
Oh and muffler bearings. If youre not getting the potato sound its time to change them...
:gentleman:

·
Premium Member
13,552 Posts
Blinker fluid should be changed regularly. Since I dont use blinkers I don't worry about it tho'
Oh and muffler bearings. If youre not getting the potato sound its time to change them...
:gentleman:
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: No Mufflers, No blinkers, I am exempt.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
As I'm reading through this (and thinking wow this is sooo rudimentary) it dawned on me I have no idea how to check my antifreeze!!!!! :surprise:

Any ideas? I'll look tonight but I never thought about it.
The Over flow antifreeze tank is behind and under the left side swing arm. As long as that's full or in between lines you should be good. If its low the manual suggest to fill it up at the over flow tank. Which is easier than taking off the ignition cover.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts