Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The best way to solve all these problems is to just ride by yourself, old numero uno. But no man is an island, and group rides are their own special kind of fun. At MO, we definitely do our fair share of group rides. Here’s what we’ve learned about the things most likely to go wrong, and what you can do to ward them off ahead of time.
Read more about the Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides at Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
1. You let the Harley lead.... ;)
You do that when you want to go easy on your engine. Although sometimes you end up dodging motorcycle parts on the road...

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Oh No !
I clicked on it.
And one of the problems clicked with me. Drivers who have CPD, I cannot stand them. And I agree with the solution; do not ride with them.

·
Super Moderator
2,805 Posts
Hey guys, if you think I'm burning cell data on 10 pages of stuff when the first one takes forever to load, you're mistaken. If you can hold my interest through 10 things that's really good, but 10 things on 11 pages? Not even close to happening.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey guys, if you think I'm burning cell data on 10 pages of stuff when the first one takes forever to load, you're mistaken. If you can hold my interest through 10 things that's really good, but 10 things on 11 pages? Not even close to happening.
I agree.
It is all about revenue generation by web ads so the more pages the article can spread across, the more $$ they can generate.
Both MSN and Yahoo are notorious for their click away Top 10 or 20 lists and they are often quite ridiculous or "no sh.t" type articles anyhow which this one qualifies for.
It didn't even bother to mention more vital stuff like making sure everyone has a medical info/blood type/emergency contact type tags with them just in case.
How about making sure all rider knows about staggered riding and keeping proper distance with each as well as a straight line during the group ride?
I had had my share of rides where a rookie rider endangered the safety of others way more than a CPD types, or the type I can't stand is the one who likes to ride fast and run ahead of the group.

Sounds silly but that type of information would be much more critical than knowing the weather. Also, which Starbucks? Don't people mention cross roads or actual address when they are talking about a meeting spot?
They just say Starbucks at the block?

Pffft!

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I agree.
It is all about revenue generation by web ads so the more pages the article can spread across, the more $$ they can generate.
Both MSN and Yahoo are notorious for their click away Top 10 or 20 lists and they are often quite ridiculous or "no sh.t" type articles anyhow which this one qualifies for.
It didn't even bother to mention more vital stuff like making sure everyone has a medical info/blood type/emergency contact type tags with them just in case.
How about making sure all rider knows about staggered riding and keeping proper distance with each as well as a straight line during the group ride?
I had had my share of rides where a rookie rider endangered the safety of others way more than a CPD types, or the type I can't stand is the one who likes to ride fast and run ahead of the group.

Sounds silly but that type of information would be much more critical than knowing the weather. Also, which Starbucks? Don't people mention cross roads or actual address when they are talking about a meeting spot?

Pffft!

The one that really irritates me is the rider who can't or won't keep his speed consistent. I was in a group of 12 one time and me and this guy were in the middle of the pack. Sometimes he'd keep up with the pack. 50% of the time he'd create a big gap. I wound up passing his ass and caught up with the group and stayed with them. If you wanna' lag and vary your speed, ride in the back of the pack.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The one that really irritates me is the rider who can't or won't keep his speed consistent. I was in a group of 12 one time and me and this guy were in the middle of the pack. Sometimes he'd keep up with the pack. 50% of the time he'd create a big gap. I wound up passing his ass and caught up with the group and stayed with them. If you wanna' lag and vary your speed, ride in the back of the pack.
Yep. That is why I said "keeping proper distance with each other". The type you mentioned not only messes up the harmony of the group but can also allow an aggressive cager inside the flock causing further separation and annoyance.

I have been with some really cool groups and had a lot of fun riding with them but eventually got tired of the bossy types and the drama they caused.
Now I ride solo. No need to wait for anyone. No need to get up 6 am because some of the people want to complete the ride before noon and do other stuff.
No club, no cry.

:grin:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Wha....You don't appreciate the value of marketors whoring their wares? Nothing like having products/sevices rammed up your ass or down your throat.

If I had a penny for every bullshit email I've received, I'd shit $100.00 bills.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I agree.

Pffft!
I hate articles like this. That list of 10 is complete Bull shit. The only ones that actually can go wrong are the mechanical problems and flat tire. I may even give it to the "Out of gas" point, but all the others is just page filler. If I'm riding in a group and some ass hat does a wheelie, I'll bring him down pretty quick and make him realize doing that shit will not fly with me around. Everything else is complete garbage.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
If I'm riding in a group and some ass hat does a wheelie, I'll bring him down pretty quick and make him realize doing that shit will not fly with me around.
With my re-flash all my bike knows now is a constant wheelie....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts