Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Fury for just over a year now. I have put about 14,000 miles on it. Other than the regular fluid change and one set of tires, I have not had to do anything with it. But after going on several road trips with it, I have discovered the seat can be quite uncomfortable after only a short period of time. I can stop and take a break, but the next leg of the trip only results in my rear end starting to hurt even quicker.

Okay, okay, I know...suck it up. But seriously, I need some suggestions on some kind of touring seat or something to make it where a long trip is not quite so uncomfortable on my...posterier. I have found some aftermarket touring seats, Mustang Seats for example, but I really can't justify dropping that kind of money at the moment. I have a rear seat with mine and I am afraid I have to buy both front and rear seat so it will match. Plus, the small back rest on my rear seat is instrumental in strapping down my luggage bag.

I only have taken 4 road trips in the last year and I get progressively better, but when traveling in a group, I am beholden to the stops made as a group and not when my glutumos maximus says I should. Solo trips are much easier.

I have looked for used touring seats on Ebay and Craigslist but I am guessing that the Fury is just too darn new to find anyone that has purchased a touring seat and is already set to get rid of one for a decent price.

Anyhow, there is the long story of my problem. Your advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I feel your pain...the stock seat sucks for long hauls! I have sat on the Mustang seats and they seem to feel pretty good. I found one place to get them for $252.00 wth Free shipping @ westendmotorsports.com.

Danny Gray makes one also.....just dont know what I want.
FuryChopper:cool:

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
I have had my Fury for just over a year now. I have put about 14,000 miles on it. Other than the regular fluid change and one set of tires, I have not had to do anything with it. But after going on several road trips with it, I have discovered the seat can be quite uncomfortable after only a short period of time. I can stop and take a break, but the next leg of the trip only results in my rear end starting to hurt even quicker.

Okay, okay, I know...suck it up. But seriously, I need some suggestions on some kind of touring seat or something to make it where a long trip is not quite so uncomfortable on my...posterier. I have found some aftermarket touring seats, Mustang Seats for example, but I really can't justify dropping that kind of money at the moment. I have a rear seat with mine and I am afraid I have to buy both front and rear seat so it will match. Plus, the small back rest on my rear seat is instrumental in strapping down my luggage bag.

I only have taken 4 road trips in the last year and I get progressively better, but when traveling in a group, I am beholden to the stops made as a group and not when my glutumos maximus says I should. Solo trips are much easier.

I have looked for used touring seats on Ebay and Craigslist but I am guessing that the Fury is just too darn new to find anyone that has purchased a touring seat and is already set to get rid of one for a decent price.

Anyhow, there is the long story of my problem. Your advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
C&C make a range of reasonable priced seats for the Fury. Most of us with after market seats went with C&C.

The solo seats are fine as are the two up seats if you don't have the factory sissy bar. The concern with the factory sissy bar is that the pillion section does not go back far enough to cover the last two screw holes.

I have the sport touring two up seat and it's great, comfortable for both my wife and I. Here is a pic of the seat on my bike

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I too have the sport touring c&c. Longest ride I take is about 150-200 miles and it's great for that. If you take longer rides and like the look. Try corbins king and queen I hear it's about as comfortable as it gets

·
Registered
152 Posts
its hard to get a comparable answer to seats. most people only buy one after market seat, so we don't know what the others are like.

after 10 minutes on the stock seat my ass hurts. I have rode 300 miles in a day on my C&C seat.

I like the way my stock seat looks solo, but its like night and day difference wise comparable to my C&C seat. i like the C&C touring seat and i like the way it looks compared to other touring seats.

They kykid made me a sissy bar mount and i love they way it looks and it works great.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You could also consider the Corbin k&q, perhaps the most comfortable of them all. When riding solo, its also easy to attach bags and stuff onto it.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I have the Danny Gray Butt Crack Solo and love it. My first year i didnt really go on long rides, but my tail bone ( not even so much my ass ) would start to go numb, then get really painful. There were times i considered stopping and calling a friend to come to me and ride my bike back so wouldnt have to.

A year ago i found Sterling's Cycle Accessories. where Sterling himself makes the Danny Gray for the Fury. The seat ended up costing me $400, but that would have been close to what i would have paid for using the OEM seat with new foam, gel and fake leather to wrap it. And because of my Tmod i still would have had the unsieghtly gap on the back end.

Now there are links out there that will walk you through rewrapping your seat with thicker foam and gel inserts if you are handy.

DIYMotorcycleSeat.com - Home Page

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great Suggestions

Wow, there were so many great replies and suggestions. Thanks so much. It appears as if the C&C tends to be the popular choice. I'll check out the Corbin and the Danny Gray as well. Thanks for all the help. Let me know if y'all come up with anything else.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I also have C&C. Great seat at a good price. I've done 500 mile (one day) trips with them with no problem.

·
Banned
353 Posts
for two up riding i recommend the corbin dual tour nice seat
Regards,
Dewking
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Chopper

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
Mustang Vintage All The Way ;)
Your Butt will Thank You :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have both the C+C and the Corbin K+Q. The Corbin is more comfy and easier to carry stuff and has great back support for the passenger. C+C is better looking

·
Registered
144 Posts
You could also consider the Corbin k&q, perhaps the most comfortable of them all. When riding solo, its also easy to attach bags and stuff onto it.

This was my choice as well. I don't regret it. It feels like I'm home in my recliner!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sissy Bar for Mustang Seat

Just installed a pair of mustang seats on my 2010 Fury. Although I was told the original Honda sissy bar would work with the rear seat, that is not the case. I had to remove the bar and pad (they will be up for sale) to get the rear seat to fit properly.
I would really appreciate some advice on what sissy bar to get for my wife with her new comfortable seat. Murphy's Law strikes again. At least the seat covers the holes I had to drill for the stock backrest.....

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Just installed a pair of mustang seats on my 2010 Fury. Although I was told the original Honda sissy bar would work with the rear seat, that is not the case. I had to remove the bar and pad (they will be up for sale) to get the rear seat to fit properly.
I would really appreciate some advice on what sissy bar to get for my wife with her new comfortable seat. Murphy's Law strikes again. At least the seat covers the holes I had to drill for the stock backrest.....
Ginz is your best bet. Great quality and tons of options. I have a Ginz Old School Hardcore with the 8" back rest, my wife loves it. I also have the luggage rack that we use when we go on weekend trips.

Ginz Choppers - Sissy Bar Products

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

You might see if you have local guy who does seat work I have the stock seat but had the inside changed and reshaped to my fit and I can ride all day. Only caution is that whoever does it needs to know what he's doing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seats....

For me the cheap but superbly comfortable albeit ugly option is the Airhawk - brilliantly comfortable on 800km rides.

However, the more permanent option I will migrate to is the DannyGray/Airhawk seat - at about $800 shipped to Oz it has the Airhawk built in - a few presses of the button to pump it up, and a valve to release air.

The Airhawk is just brilliant, but for long term my goal will be the Danny Gray Airhawk.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts