Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I did a 'google' search and couldn't find a trailer to tow the scooter. As some of you know, I'm moving from Arizona to Connecticut within a couple of months.

I'm looking for a trailer, to pull behind my Honda Accord (I already have the hitch installed)

The wheelbase of our bike is 71.2 inches, so I'd need one to fit it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Jim if you look at my signiture you can see a trailer that works great with long wheelbase rides.the manufacture designed it for bikes like Big Dogs (80 to 93 inch). it is based on a towdolly suspensionand is powder coated the work deck is aluminum dimond plate and has a rear caster wheel so you don't drag the tail end. the front wheel lockes into an eagle claw wheel chock. and has built in tie downs. the load ramp is a dual angle so you don't hit the fraame loading the bike. the work deck is only 13 inches off the ground so you can load the bike with the engine off. if you like I can get the info package amd email it to you.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Jimmy just stick it in one of those jets buckle up the seat belt and fly it there. I am sure one of those CEO's that you fly around wouldn't mind holding it for a little while during take off and landing.:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jim if you look at my signiture you can see a trailer that works great with long wheelbase rides.the manufacture designed it for bikes like Big Dogs (80 to 93 inch). it is based on a towdolly suspensionand is powder coated the work deck is aluminum dimond plate and has a rear caster wheel so you don't drag the tail end. the front wheel lockes into an eagle claw wheel chock. and has built in tie downs. the load ramp is a dual angle so you don't hit the fraame loading the bike. the work deck is only 13 inches off the ground so you can load the bike with the engine off. if you like I can get the info package amd email it to you.
If you could send me a copy as well, I'd appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
FYI as someone who has towed everything from 53' trailers to bikes, boats ect. Your worst enemy is road debris if the trailer is not enclosed or have a shield in front your bike will take a big hit so consider some type of cover/wrap.............:D

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
sea dawg is absolutly right. I allways cover mine when I haul it.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
About what is the average range, especially for the one you have...? Dislike all websites that say call them for pricing, when they can put a base price, minus accessories on there.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
About what is the average range, especially for the one you have...? Dislike all websites that say call them for pricing, when they can put a base price, minus accessories on there.
off topic--sorry guys, but RSS- Your signature photo of the bike is awesome. really looks nice.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I got mine for $1500 with tax and tags.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a shop trailer with ramp that I've used to move the bike a couple of times. It's a 5x8 enclosed Interstate trailer. It was about $2800.00 4 years ago and I've put at least 20k in miles on it. Great trailer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
FYI as someone who has towed everything from 53' trailers to bikes, boats ect. Your worst enemy is road debris if the trailer is not enclosed or have a shield in front your bike will take a big hit so consider some type of cover/wrap.............:D
How, or what do you cover the bike with? I have to make a 1500 mile pull this fall.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
just picked up my new pickem up truck the other day.
so, now i gotta find a hydraulic system. wife doesn't want a trailer in the back yard. frankly, can't blame her. too suburban down where we live.

found two nice hydraulic gizmos a few months ago. I'll start googling and get back to the forum with my decision.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts