Honda Fury Forums: banner

Aftermarket Triple Tree Poll

• OEM Triple Trees (Stick with what I got)

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Aftermarket Triple Trees (OEM Forks)

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Aftermarket Triple Trees (HD Forks)

Votes: 7 22.6%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is just a poll to see what fellow Fury owners would do if there was an aftermarket triple tree's avaliable.

Persanlly, I feel the OEM triple trees are cheaply made. It's a cast block with a chrome cover.

I would like to see if there is potentially a market out there to get some new ones produced from some after market companies.

I believe the Stock forks are 43mm. As far as I know, there are no aftermarket 43mm forks (to rake out the front a little more).

So what kind of options can we use from the Harley community? Get some longer forks and rake it out.

However, if you plan on raking the front out, you would have to drop the rear... the Air Ride setup from L&M would solve that problem or the mentioned lowering springs that are being worked on by another company. If you would like some more reading discussing this topic, feel free to check out the Rake and Trail Calculator

Of course price has a huge factor in this decision process, so let's guesstimate $650 for a set.

So we have several options to choose from:

- OEM Triple Trees (stick with what I got)
- Aftermarket Triple Trees for OEM Forks
- Aftermarket Triple Trees for HD Forks

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Like Everything else, i would have to make a decision once i saw an example, but this has crossed my mind ever since i brought mine home!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've been thinking for a while that if we could rake out the stock forks and lower the rear, it would help to tuck the back tire up under the fender a little better. I think it would look absolutely amazing! The only reservation I would have about doing that though would be the decreased turning clearance.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
If you are going to the trouble and expense of changing to HD front, you may as well cut the neck, rack it and install HD neck and bearings , than you can mount any HD front you want

·
Registered
500 Posts
Irate maybe able to help

I cast my vote for the aftermarket triple trees w/oem forks; just not interested in the radical cutting/replacement work that a whole new re-raked/extended front end could entail. But fyi, just in case anyone hasn't seen it; IrateMarty has said in his Custom Grills Done thread that he is looking into some kinda cover to remedy terminal tripletree ugliosity; this would be ideal for me and I'm really hoping he comes up with something. Basically I think the bike has a fairly good looking wide-glide type front end; just getting that cast crap tripletree underside taken care of will make me happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts