Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was approached by a manufacturer of custom tripple trees who wants to do one for the fury. He wants to measure blah, blah, blah. No problem. I get a triple tree for free. So what's the attraction? Do I want a free triple tree?

·
Registered
158 Posts
If they're going to extend the forks to go with a more raked tree, are they saying that they'll give you back the bike setup with a raked tree and extended forks ? If they'll give you that and all the original parts, you'd get to try out the setup for free and switch it back if you don't like it. Some of the kits I've seen though, I'm not sure I'd trust (I'm thinking of one that I saw that bolted into the original steering tube, but have offset bearings that don't line up with and don't have the full support of the steering neck, I'm not sure I trust a setup like that for any but the most gentle riding with not a chance of a pothole or sharp bump showing up all of a sudden).

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm not sure I trust a setup like that for any but the most gentle riding with not a chance of a pothole or sharp bump showing up all of a sudden).
I heard about a Harley with aftermarket triple tree and extended forks breaking and the rider died on the way back from Thunder Beach this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts