Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a flawless pair of flat black powder coated switch covers from Troop. I have been very busy with work and just life but now took some pictures. I originally wanted to install the switch covers and be done with it. After installing the first side it looked incomplete with the new mirrors. So I removed the front master cylinder and clutch side and sprayed it Satin black. I know it doesnt really match the matte powder coat but I wasnt about to powdercoat the master cylinder due to the sight glass. Billy did his and I was jealous because he was able to do it all himself with little down time. I think painting it came out pretty good and I am happy with the results. What a PITA when I was bleeding the fronts because I spilled some brake fluid and screwed it all up. So I had to take it back off and redo it. Here is the final product. Thanks again Troop, Waiting for my turn with the kick stand :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Bout time I got to see some pics ! :eek: Looks great ! Well done

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bout time I got to see some pics ! :eek: Looks great ! Well done
Yeah dude with the new job, Memorial day camping trip and keeping my girl happy it was tough to keep remembering to take pictures lol. I still can't make the time to get up to Billy's. Damn work thing always gets in the way.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
............Damn work thing always gets in the way.
Yeah, it's the curse of the Drinking-Class. LOL. Nice switch-covers, BTW.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Ernie, why cant you just tape off the sight glass and have it powder coated? There are a couple powder coating shops here on the island. If not, you can always have your welder fill the sight glass and then powder coat it. I really like the black. It compliments the bike very well.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris, the sight glass has to be removed because the rubber O-ring and the glass will melt or become unstable. It has to be removed before it gets powder coated. Plus I am inpatient so I want as little down time as possible. I intend to paint the tank and fenders Matte Black sooner or later.
The mirrors are Arlen Ness Rad III teardrops. They are perfect size and you don't have to adjust the levers to see out of them. I have got used to them now and don't impale my gut when walking around the bike lol.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Ernie, why cant you just tape off the sight glass and have it powder coated? There are a couple powder coating shops here on the island. If not, you can always have your welder fill the sight glass and then powder coat it. I really like the black. It compliments the bike very well.
The site glass isn't really glass its plastic with a rubber o-ring behind it and at 400* these parts will melt . I had mine taken out and replaced with a plug my powder coater spun on a lathe . I know Stump has a toll he uses to take the site glass out when he chrome the switch housings .

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Im a big fan of having that little hole filled. For $25 mine was done at CC and they even filled the level line! With the VTX cap that is smoothed out it make the brake resv. custom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts