Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my bike today. It’s been in the shop since November. I ride about 15 miles home and then I can’t get the bike into Neutral. I know it’s been several months since I have ridden, but I still know how to do it. I tried probably 10-15 times and it kept going from 1st straight to 2nd. Finally I held the clutch with my right hand and used my left to ever so slightly put it in Neutral. This really baffled me. I rode another couple of miles and starting fooling with it again. Now I could get it into Neutral, but when I would pop it up into 2nd, I would hear a “clunk-clunk”. It now goes into Neutral just like it did before. Anybody experience anything like this?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've had issues with mine getting stuck in neutral, and have to double and triple clutch it. When I had it checked out they said there was nothing wrong with it. Haven't had a problem since though. Sounds like your problem is the opposite of mine.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I've had issues with mine getting stuck in neutral, and have to double and triple clutch it. When I had it checked out they said there was nothing wrong with it. Haven't had a problem since though. Sounds like your problem is the opposite of mine.
Matter of fact mine has got stuck in neutral 3 times,,I have to roll the bike fwd,,then backwards a little bit then it goes in gear,,did it yesterday at a stop light,,,

·
Registered
158 Posts
On bikes in good condition (like all our recently made Fury's probably are), usually difficulties with 'hard' shifting into neutral are due to too much slack in the clutch. The clutch isn't disengaging the transmission fully and this can make shifting difficult.

·
Registered
47 Posts
On bikes in good condition (like all our recently made Fury's probably are), usually difficulties with 'hard' shifting into neutral are due to too much slack in the clutch. The clutch isn't disengaging the transmission fully and this can make shifting difficult.
I picked up my bike today. It’s been in the shop since November. I ride about 15 miles home and then I can’t get the bike into Neutral. I know it’s been several months since I have ridden, but I still know how to do it. I tried probably 10-15 times and it kept going from 1st straight to 2nd. Finally I held the clutch with my right hand and used my left to ever so slightly put it in Neutral. This really baffled me. I rode another couple of miles and starting fooling with it again. Now I could get it into Neutral, but when I would pop it up into 2nd, I would hear a “clunk-clunk”. It now goes into Neutral just like it did before. Anybody experience anything like this?[/QUOTE

everyone whos having problems with nuetral did u guys play with the clutch cable to maybe adjust the clutch,i did , cause i have small hands an a bit of a reach for me to grab a good hold on the clutch lever,when i adjusted the clutch to bring in the clutch bar closer i had a hard time getting bike in neutral, when i called the dealer he told me put the cable clutch back to its original setting an see what happens , i did an have neva had a problem with neutral again , hope this helps u guys out

·
Registered
437 Posts
All jokes aside... I did mess around with the clutch cable with no success. But, for what ever reason, it seems to have cured itself... for the time being anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My guess is that since it had been sitting so long, everything just needed a chance to get re-lubricated. May have been in the transmission for all I know. The dealer told me to go put some miles on it and let them know how it’s running. After the 250 Tire Kit install, I decided to check with Kurt at Sumo and he said his kit would have nothing to do with this problem, but to just ride it and see what happens. Looks like they are right, since it seems to be working properly now. That is why I asked if anyone else had experienced the same thing after letting their bike sit for a couple of months.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I actually had to replace my clutch lever at around 3k to 4k miles or so (was acting funny ever since I got the bike, but didn't know any better as I was a new rider)... wasn't quite downshifting right for some reason... would take several taps to go down... scary sometimes, especially in the rain, but now that I have it fixed, works like a dream! If it starts acting funny on you when you've gotten a straight week or two to ride it, take it in for a warranty replacement... tell the guys at the shop about it too... kind of lead them into it and let them know about it, will make warranty exchange that much easier...

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
reach down and pull it in to neutral... you don;t know him very well do ya?
He's still looking for his LED turn signal in a box somewhere..
...:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Same thing happens to me all the time when trying to go from second to first. It only happens when I try to go into neurtral and then on down to first. If I just go straight from second to first, I have no problems.

One problem I've had two or three times that I hate is having it pop out of 4th gear when I'm flyin' down the highway. I really hate that! Anyone else experience that? Maybe I don't get it all the way in gear before I let the clutch out, but it sure does suck having it jump out of 4th and just sit there in between gears!:mad:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same thing happens to me all the time when trying to go from second to first. It only happens when I try to go into neurtral and then on down to first. If I just go straight from second to first, I have no problems.

One problem I've had two or three times that I hate is having it pop out of 4th gear when I'm flyin' down the highway. I really hate that! Anyone else experience that? Maybe I don't get it all the way in gear before I let the clutch out, but it sure does suck having it jump out of 4th and just sit there in between gears!:mad:
I haven't had the problem of it jumping out of 4th:confused:

I posted this in another thread yesterday and still waiting to hear from the dealer on what it is.

"Crazy thing happened this afternoon. I was on a ride and about 40 miles into it I started hearing clanking sound coming from the rear end. Sounded like a bolt getting kicked around and rattling. I took it into the shop and the service manager road and heard the same thing. He didn’t know what it was either. Almost sounded as though it was coming from the hub/final drive area. Guess I’ll be without my bike for a few days.:mad:"

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
I haven't had the problem of it jumping out of 4th:confused:

I had brought this up before and I know someone out there said that it happens to them all the time, and like me blamed themselves and not the bike. I believe it used to happen to me on my old bike. I guess I just don't know how to shift into 4th.:D

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Matter of fact mine has got stuck in neutral 3 times,,I have to roll the bike fwd,,then backwards a little bit then it goes in gear,,did it yesterday at a stop light,,,

That is natural for most Honda's, least that is what an old timer Honda rider said to me... When pulling up to a light... shift down to first, then back up to neutral and you won't have that problem. If the problem continues though and works it way to the downshifting, then go to your dealer for a clutch lever trade in. That is what I had to do.

reach down and pull it into nutral with your hand works much better
Ha, funny man... no, seriously, shift down to first, then back up to neutral guys when pulling to a stop... You'll notice the difference right away.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Shifting into 3rd

My trouble is shifting into 3rd sometimes just won' go have to double clutch.
Clutch cables has been adjusted so a little bit better but going thru the gears really embarrassing when almost like a blown shift won''''''''''t go into 3rd....
No trouble with neutral or any other gear though

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
My trouble is shifting into 3rd sometimes just won' go have to double clutch.
Clutch cables has been adjusted so a little bit better but going thru the gears really embarrassing when almost like a blown shift won''''''''''t go into 3rd....
No trouble with neutral or any other gear though
Interesting, if you're bike is still under Warranty, take it in for them to look at is my best suggestion... Bring up a four year old topic, ROTFL.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts