3/8 NPT to -8an

-8an drain on the turbo

First start up to check the oil lines
http://youtu.be/CsLTfuQ31ZA

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The boost on a stock wrx is around9psi or 12psi or so? I can't remember but that should be a good small turbo for a bike. Any thoughts on the tune and fuel supply? I'm ready to see this finished
I'm going to extend the arm on the wastegate and start with around 5psi. The power commander 5 has 0-5v inputs for a map sensor. In the software you can enable the boost tables. No one could tell me what the stock fp and injectors are good for, or if the vtx1800 pump injectors are a direct swap.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well Gentlemen, I guess we know which color is the fastest!! WHITE! LOL :)

Once this is done i would love to see a video.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's the worst that can happen? :confused:
Not enough fuel and you burn it up...too much boost and you blow it up!
Good luck Dude. You have my attention.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Haha yes that's the worst case. I'm going to tune it myself and start extremely conservative, and see how it likes boost.

Well Gentlemen, I guess we know which color is the fastest!! WHITE! LOL :)

Once this is done i would love to see a video.
I will be sure to post videos! Of course burnouts included ;)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey this looks like fun. Start with low boost and 93 octane. Better to be way rich than a little lean when starting off. I've tried to find the lbs/hr of the stock injectors and there's just not much info out there. Seems like not many people tune these things. Hell, my post "Cobra Fi2000 Questions" proved that everyone was just going with the flow and setting their controller to 1-2-2. Now we have guys running 4-4-4 and still noticing they are running a bit on the lean side by checking plugs. I would deffinatly get a wideband O2 kit so you can monitor A/F ratio.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hey this looks like fun. Start with low boost and 93 octane. Better to be way rich than a little lean when starting off. I've tried to find the lbs/hr of the stock injectors and there's just not much info out there. Seems like not many people tune these things. Hell, my post "Cobra Fi2000 Questions" proved that everyone was just going with the flow and setting their controller to 1-2-2. Now we have guys running 4-4-4 and still noticing they are running a bit on the lean side by checking plugs. I would deffinatly get a wideband O2 kit so you can monitor A/F ratio.
Only a few of us wolves in the herd of sheep ;) Im going to run the auto tune as well just for piece of mind. The company I work for manufactures gauges so a boost gauge and wideband will go on the bike. Does anyone know if you can use the stock FPR for 1:1 ratio?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Its been rainy and super humid so I havent been motivated to sweat but here are some updates. Waiting on some lines and fittings

Oil feed, relocated the oil pressure switch

Took off the side case to put a oil return line

3/8 NPT to -8an

-8an drain on the turbo

·
Registered
456 Posts
Man I would have waited until winter to do something this extensive. Gonna be a long install process. I want a twin screw style supercharger, but I don't think you could get it to work.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man I would have waited until winter to do something this extensive. Gonna be a long install process. I want a twin screw style supercharger, but I don't think you could get it to work.
If my garage had ac I could have built the kit in a day lol hopefully winter time ill be building a turbo kit on my vette ;)

1 - 20 of 103 Posts