Honda Fury Forums: banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
I kinda figured 4-6 psi, so what are you saying in this post, did it hold to gether what's the I initial results? COME ON SCOTTY GIVE US ALL U GOT!
So far so good. Did a basic tune riding and holding a laptop(at night) is not ideal lol seems like it has plenty of fuel in it for 8-10psi. One of my vendors at work has an awd dyno that's capable of dynoing bikes. He has to update the software to get the simulated weight down to 600 lbs. And I get to use it for free woohoo

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Well boys I do not recommend street tuning a motorcycle... Scary as shit... Did a quick base tune took it to 4.5psi woohooo

That must have been something to see - a dude riding with a laptop open on his fuel tank - LOL!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Ran into my first issue which I think will be an easy one.

After cruising around for 20 minutes or so, the check engine light comes on and I feel a loss of power and a stutter. If I shut off the bike and turn it back on it goes away. Then will come back after another 20 minutes give or take.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ran into my first issue which I think will be an easy one.

After cruising around for 20 minutes or so, the check engine light comes on and I feel a loss of power and a stutter. If I shut off the bike and turn it back on it goes away. Then will come back after another 20 minutes give or take.
maybe a valve stuck open or close , computer cannot see valve position
there for did not sent more fuel

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I don't think it's a valve. I'm thinking its something to do with "safe mode" from possibly fuel pressure dropping. There's no actual fuel pressure regulator on our system. So my pressure is dropping from boost etc. I have a feeling I'm going to have to do a custom fuel system with regulator.

Good news: went to the local bike night at Quaker steak n lube and everyone who noticed the bike loved it.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Its been years since I read this so if its off correct me but N/A vacume is around 7.2psi so that same psi of boost should give around half of the stock hp more. If that makes since. Or atleast that's the theory on 4 cylinder cars

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Its been years since I read this so if its off correct me but N/A vacume is around 7.2psi so that same psi of boost should give around half of the stock hp more. If that makes since. Or atleast that's the theory on 4 cylinder cars
That varies on cfm 7psi on a t25 vs 7psi on an 88mm turbo are a huge difference.

My friend has an 07 nighterster with intake exhaust and tune which makes around 75hp 75tq to the tire. The bike weights 100lbs less and he weighs 50 lbs less than me. I was pulling away from him pretty easily.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Still haven't figured out the engine light issue. I can't seem the read the mil light.

On a good note I'm estimating the hp to the tire around 85 give or take. I raced a friend and did the power to weight calculations. For me to stay with him I'd need 85 hp to the tire. I held about a bike length on him.

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
SICK!!!:cool::cool::cool:
Hope the drive shaft holds:eek:
Did you sort out the engine light issues? What was it??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
SICK!!!:cool::cool::cool:
Hope the drive shaft holds:eek:
Did you sort out the engine light issues? What was it??
It should hold up I think it's pretty similar to the shaft used with the 1800. It's a light for the map sensor. It's not designed for boost so idk how I'm gonna get around it.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts