Honda Fury Forums: banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Tease :p let's see that vid!
I've been chasing little gremlin and working on my car. I went with 2 step colder plugs and brought the gap to .028. What a difference! No more blowing out spark and breaking up. Pulls like a champ now. In going to put a 1 way check valve in front of the stock map sensor so it only sees vacuum and no boost. I keep getting map sensor codes. This is the only video I have, my friend wanted to do a bunch of editing so you don't get much. I'll have a good one soon.

Turbo Honda Fury - YouTube

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
I've been chasing little gremlin and working on my car. I went with 2 step colder plugs and brought the gap to .028. What a difference! No more blowing out spark and breaking up. Pulls like a champ now. In going to put a 1 way check valve in front of the stock map sensor so it only sees vacuum and no boost. I keep getting map sensor codes. This is the only video I have, my friend wanted to do a bunch of editing so you don't get much. I'll have a good one soon.

Turbo Honda Fury - YouTube
Wish I had the mechanical knowledge you do. Listening to you is like listening to a rocket scientist talk. :D

Awesome looking bike!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Great job! I forgot all about going to cold plugs and smaller gaps.

Do you have anyway to check your acceleration? I recently found my old passport G timer I used in my cars and ordered a cig female adaptor to test my bike out. Unfortunately it's raining and sleeting now. Lol. I'm curious to see how well the PCV w/ auto tune works over no auto tune, no timing, and no fuel boosts works. It's too bad your not near virginia, otherwise we could slap that g timer on your bike too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Great job! I forgot all about going to cold plugs and smaller gaps.

Do you have anyway to check your acceleration? I recently found my old passport G timer I used in my cars and ordered a cig female adaptor to test my bike out. Unfortunately it's raining and sleeting now. Lol. I'm curious to see how well the PCV w/ auto tune works over no auto tune, no timing, and no fuel boosts works. It's too bad your not near virginia, otherwise we could slap that g timer on your bike too.
Me too haha wish I would have thought about it prior. I had to remove the turbo to get to one of the plugs. Unfortunately not, my friend used to have a G meter, it was surprisingly accurate. I don't use the auto tune anymore it caused the bike to run like crap after a few minutes. I still like it for the o2 sensor though. Hopefully I can find a shop close by to rent the dyno to for a few hours.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Me too haha wish I would have thought about it prior. I had to remove the turbo to get to one of the plugs. Unfortunately not, my friend used to have a G meter, it was surprisingly accurate. I don't use the auto tune anymore it caused the bike to run like crap after a few minutes. I still like it for the o2 sensor though. Hopefully I can find a shop close by to rent the dyno to for a few hours.
Since your compressed, you may have not riches the fuel mix enough. But it's hard to say with the dynojet stuff. I was using a vacumn pressure based fuel boost and larger injectors in a car. Your probably doing ok because of e10 fuels

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Since your compressed, you may have not riches the fuel mix enough. But it's hard to say with the dynojet stuff. I was using a vacumn pressure based fuel boost and larger injectors in a car. Your probably doing ok because of e10 fuels

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
It's definitely getting enough fuel, I have it slightly rich just to be on the safe side. The fuel system on this bike sucks there's no easy way to swap injectors, pump, fuel pressure regulator without building a completely new system. The injectors aren't fed by a fuel rail, they have individual hoses that come from the pump and split with a Y. I would like to up the boost to 8psi but I'm not going to till I can tune it on a dyno. Tuning the bike on the street is just too dangerous with anymore power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man I would have waited until winter to do something this extensive. Gonna be a long install process. I want a twin screw style supercharger, but I don't think you could get it to work.
If you check on google or youtube there is a uk company doing superchargers for suzuki m109r's at the moment. If you can make it, theres always a way to fit it!

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Is this still alive? Some things that would have made it easier

1. Use a DSM turbo, like a 13G or T-25, you could have hung the EG off the IG spot.
2. Used an actual intercooler place in front of the radiator. One from a Starion/Conquest is about the size of the radiator and thin so it wouldnt take up too much space.
3. Probably used stock 1.8l 4G37 Mitsu injectors and chopped up the fuel rail for use with the stock FPR. You can also use a stock turbo FPR for a 1:1 boost referenced increase, but they are like 37-39 psi stock which may be too much.

WHEN i get a Fury and IF i get tired of the stock performance, i would do this too, with a few small tweaks and tricks ive learned having owned a DSM for years :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Is this still alive? Some things that would have made it easier

1. Use a DSM turbo, like a 13G or T-25, you could have hung the EG off the IG spot.
2. Used an actual intercooler place in front of the radiator. One from a Starion/Conquest is about the size of the radiator and thin so it wouldnt take up too much space.
3. Probably used stock 1.8l 4G37 Mitsu injectors and chopped up the fuel rail for use with the stock FPR. You can also use a stock turbo FPR for a 1:1 boost referenced increase, but they are like 37-39 psi stock which may be too much.

WHEN i get a Fury and IF i get tired of the stock performance, i would do this too, with a few small tweaks and tricks ive learned having owned a DSM for years :)
I build a custom ic, it made the bike look to cluttered and dumb so I went without it. T25 is too small for the amount of air flow the fury motor flows, this turbo is still a little small IMO. The fury doesn't use a fuel rail, the fuel like splits into a Y and a fuel line goes directly into each injectors that's why a rising rate fpr wasn't worth it especially on such low boost. The bike is still running and for sale as well as the turbo kit.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
The T-25 from a 2G (95-99) is on a 2l motor, hows that too small for a 1300? I know it doesnt use a rail, but you could fab one was my point, but it sounds like you are done with the project.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
The T-25 from a 2G (95-99) is on a 2l motor, hows that too small for a 1300? I know it doesnt use a rail, but you could fab one was my point, but it sounds like you are done with the project.
Turbo efficiency, the td04 spools almost too fast and the back pressure is probably over 2:1. I would have to run higher boost to just make the same power, then I would need head studs etc. If I knew what these motors and trannys could handle I would push it hard, is rather no be a the one to find out the breaking point.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts