Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search on RSS's FAQ...nuttin'.

Anyone got a line on a decent self-cancelling turn signal kit for a Fury.
I can't believe we tolerate this stone-age B.S.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
I did a quick search on RSS's FAQ...nuttin'.

Anyone got a line on a decent self-cancelling turn signal kit for a Fury.
I can't believe we tolerate this stone-age B.S.
Sorry, meant to put one in there... So much information sometimes I turn myself around trying to remember what to put in there.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Try the Kisan Signal Minder. I have one on the VTX and Fury. The one on the VTX has been in use for 4 years with no problems. It has other cool features, too.
Link: https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4
Which one would you suggest from this company as I am not familiar with them? When giving out information like this, it is helpful to the community to just give out the part number, especially if you already have it on your bike. Is it the SM-3 or SM-3R???

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone! I've installed the Backoff on all two of the bikes I've owned. I'll check out the specs, etc. and get back to you.
RSS, thanks for considering this FAQ-worthy.

· Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Kisan says the SM-3 is the one. However, if you have LED turns, you will have to get resistors for each in order to slow the blinking. (According to Kisan) I haven't ordered yet because I installed the LED flasher to correct the fast blink and didn't use resistors. Kisan said also that the Signal Minder may have slow flash anyway.

If anyone has installed the auto signal with LED's I would be interested in the flash rate without resistors.

· Registered
145 Posts
Thanks Fury 10 for a terrific solution to a vexing problem I've been having. The older I get the more my mind resembles swiss cheese... Great where its solid, but it has lots of holes in it... Turn signal shut-off typically falls in a hole! I'll be ordering one today.

· Premium Member
757 Posts
Kisan says the SM-3 is the one. However, if you have LED turns, you will have to get resistors for each in order to slow the blinking. (According to Kisan) I haven't ordered yet because I installed the LED flasher to correct the fast blink and didn't use resistors. Kisan said also that the Signal Minder may have slow flash anyway.

If anyone has installed the auto signal with LED's I would be interested in the flash rate without resistors.
Painter......I have LEDs and no resistor. Flash rate is slow (normal) and never put a resistor on the VTX and flash rate normal with LEDs also. But......Opinions vary. I'm not a mechanic, just have used this product for several years.

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:rolleyes:
Sorry, meant to put one in there... So much information sometimes I turn myself around trying to remember what to put in there.
don't apologize. i put that search piece in there to clam up the folks who yell: DIDJA SEARCH FIRST--HUH--DIDJA?;)

anyway, thanks for responding.

· Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Painter......I have LEDs and no resistor. Flash rate is slow (normal) and never put a resistor on the VTX and flash rate normal with LEDs also. But......Opinions vary. I'm not a mechanic, just have used this product for several years.
Thanks 10. I was wondering if I need resistors and you have answered that question! I will be ordering the SM3!

Really tired of miles and miles of flashing during the daylight when I forget to hit that damn button!

· Premium Member
1,263 Posts
I have three light control products from this company for brake and headlight, just not this one ...
Gar, I have talked to these people and that signal/auto will not work with our switch! Has to have single switches on both sides not the one side. I believe it is written on the site as well.:(

· Premium Member
757 Posts
Really tired of miles and miles of flashing during the daylight when I forget to hit that damn button!
I originally got the signal minder b/c I got tired of riding behind my husband with his turn signal CONSTANTLY :eek: on. We had bike-to-bike communication and after about 5 mins. I would quietly ask him if he was "done turning yet?". Then I'd laugh as he turned off his signal. The SM-3 solved the problem. :D

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
was bored and came across this, figured it deserved a bump for those that might be interested.

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have one from Glen"s VTX Garage, easy to install, works great. Also have the CPR, it works great also, less strain on the clutch lever.VTX Home
btw Clue--thanks! I installed the CPR from Glen's vtx garage--as bolt-on's go--this ranks at the top of the list along with my cannella riser.
man, no strain at all on the clutch.
Glen was quite patient with me during the installation--
I'm the idiot who couldn't figure out how to use the rivet puller.

I highly recommend Glen's VTX garage to anyone who asks.

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
btw Clue--thanks! I installed the CPR from Glen's vtx garage--as bolt-on's go--this ranks at the top of the list along with my cannella riser.
man, no strain at all on the clutch.
Glen was quite patient with me during the installation--
I'm the idiot who couldn't figure out how to use the rivet puller.

I highly recommend Glen's VTX garage to anyone who asks.
Skap, good choice with this mod. The clutch pull relief kit is a very nice inexpense mod. at $35 that makes a world of a difference. I have the rivet remover tool available for anyone in future need of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.