Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed kuryakyn deep dish bezels on front and rear. All signals work, but they start off normal speed and after 2 seconds blink very fast. Any ideas why this is happening? I'm using 1157's in the front and 1156's in the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
did you change the bulbs? fast blinking has to do with not enough resistence in the bulb. hence y leds blink fast. u can live with it or get a signal module.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Your bulbs are in backwards mine did it to on the front the bulb has the two ears sticking out at the bottom notice one is up higher then the other there is a spot raised up in the metal base of the turn signal for the rasied one to sit up against. Fought with this problem for hours. I have been in parts all my life and just found this out.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Your bulbs are in backwards mine did it to on the front the bulb has the two ears sticking out at the bottom notice one is up higher then the other there is a spot raised up in the metal base of the turn signal for the rasied one to sit up against. Fought with this problem for hours. I have been in parts all my life and just found this out.
I believe this is your issue, you don't need a resistor unless your putting in LEDs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the tips. I will try changing the bulds first- front to back & vice versa. See if that helps. Much appreciated- knowledge base on this forum is amazing. :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
thanks for the tips. I will try changing the bulds first- front to back & vice versa. See if that helps. Much appreciated- knowledge base on this forum is amazing. :)
just check the positioning of your bulbs in their sockets. You should have the dual element bulbs up front and single in the rear.
You only changed covers so there should be no wiring issues to deal with. But, you've gotta have the bulbs in the correct way.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never knew this either, I just slotted the bulbs in. Will have a look tonight if wife is cool with it. Been spending a lot of time in garage, I think wife is jealous. :)

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
good stuff, i thought that maybe the bezels came with leds as i have never seen them in person. gotta love the forum and the knowledge base here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. It was exactly as you stated. I reinstalled front bulbs to your specs and they work fine now. thank you. Appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts