Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
Rock Stock 2019 ABS
471 Posts
What's the relevance to this? Who's DaveMac?
@Snakenem bumped into fellow member @Dave Mac by chance.

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was confused by the thread title: "U can't make this up". I guess I was expecting something spectacular.
I don't know... I just thought it was cool that you fly 3500 miles from your house start talking with a guy at a bar...
and you were reading his threads on a forum that frankly not a lot of people are on in the big scheme of things.

· Registered
13,070 Posts
I don't know... I just thought it was cool that you fly 3500 miles from your house start talking with a guy at a bar...
and you were reading his threads on a forum that frankly not a lot of people are on in the big scheme of things.
My fault. I obviously read too much into your thread title. I thought maybe he was supposed to be someone famous.

I guess I was comparing it to this type of story: "GUYS, FOR THE FIRST TIME I WON THE LOTTERY AND THIS IS AMAZING........!!!!........I WON A FREE TICKET!"

Again, my fault for misinterpreting the thread title. Sorry.

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought one of the first VF750FD’s brought into Aust in ‘83. 6mths later I was considering writing a book titled “Zen & the Art of surviving 3 tank slappers a week” Jesus I had some horror moments on that thing
Just wondering why he was tank slapping on a flat Road..??? I've done it plenty of times in the dirt...

· Registered
259 Posts
Just wondering why he was tank slapping on a flat Road..??? I've done it plenty of times in the dirt...
I’ve no idea Re that vid. A poorly designed road bike (or one being ridden out of its design parameters ) can easily set up the slaps. I had many full lock slappers at over the speed limit on that 750, it’s an extreme pucker moment 🤣. It was prob the first with a 16” front & that didn’t help. Particularly bad if you hit a tiny bump under hard acceleration on it or hit the rev limiter. Some bikes are just prone, I hear the big trumpy tiger has it & there was that Suzuki 1100 from the 80’s (EFE model from rusty memory)..60 mins tv show was after Suzuki over that model as several experienced riders were killed in single vehicle accidents with no obvious other weather, animals involved etc

· Registered
13 Posts
Ran into a guy at the bar in vegas.
He's DaveMac ...newby from Minnesota
It was awesome to meet you, Snake. I never hooked up with those two girls at the bar but it was a great trip. I hope your bets came in for you. I'm home in Minnesota now getting ready for the nine day race weekend in Biloxi, Mississippi then Minnesota and Charlotte Motor Speedway. I'll try to squeeze another Vegas trip somewhere in there before the racing season really starts heating up. Good luck and thanks for the shout out. And the drink tickets...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts