Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question that may have been answered but if you all can help me out...

Here in DC, the DMV issues registration stickers (size of a postcard) as well as inspection stickers (about 4x4 inches) have to be displayed on the bikes at all times. My dilemma is, of course, ruiging the looks by having a gaudy sticker on it. I'm not about to put that on my forks, which is what most bikers do around here.
If I dont have them displayed, I could get a ticket anytime I park in the city on the street. I'm trying to figure out if theres something that I could paste these things to that I could somehow anchor to the bike. That way I could only out it on when I'm planning on parking on the street. Maybe a removeable plate??

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Possibly a magnetic refrigerator type magnet but make it where it don't LOOK like a magnet or someone will just steal it.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
i would think that anything simple would just be lifted when you left the bike. Unless you have them encased in some kind of epoxy or lexan ... then fashion some kind of chain and lock system?

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I'm thinking a flexible magnet would look like it were actually mounted like it's supposed to be therefore nobody would mess with it. Then when you ride, pull it off and stick in your pocket. I remember WV requiring those ugly inspection stickers on bikes.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
there is such a thing as sheet magnets. I used to use them for the backs of my business cards. They are no thicker then 2 business cards combined. If someone were watching or stepped up close they may be able to figure out that the stickers are only held on with a magnetic sheet. From a couple feet away, probably not.

you can find these magnetic sheets in any office supply store. Look around where they keep the business card displays and they should be there. They can easily but trimmed with a pair of scissors.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Only 2 ideas im getting. If you have a metal grill, notch it out for a lock (like a boat hatch, or cabnet) and put stickers on a plate that would hook over the top and swing down and lock over the grill. Just bend the bracket so it has tabs so viewing it from the side would look like a 7 the upper part could catch on the holes/slots in the grill then the lock on the bottom part of the 7 shape would secure it so someone would have to tug on it pretty good to get it to come off Then you can felt the back to keep it from scuffing up the grill badly. Possibly on the swing arm too as another option, would look kinda like an OEM sticker since most of us have pulled them off.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
In Australia we have some large registration stickers as well, which have to be visible through 180 degrees or displayed on the rear of the motorcycle. Side mount number plate holders are illegal. I use a polished stainless steel rego sticker holder from a great guy in Queensland, Australia. The holders are $35 posted anywhere in Aus and he posts to other countries but it costs a few dollars extra for the postage.

Here are the pics of the holder on one of my other bikes. And here is the link. http://www.bibblebar.com/regoholder.html

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
good luck using anything magnetic on a fury. everything is plastic remember? i'm thinking of something like a vertical velcro strip on the back of the card you need to display with the other part of the velcro on the inside of the fender. when you park, just reach under and stick it on there, and when you're ready to go, take it off and the velcro pad it was stuck to won't be visible (because it's inside the fender) another location could work too. of course, that wouldn't prevent theft of your tag....

what if you stick the sticker onto your license plate? maybe right beside the registration sticker in the bottom right corner? or onto a plate attached to license plate so it's off to the side?

or if you laminate it, attach it to the seat right under your ass. clearly visible when parked and not seen when riding....:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
In Australia we have some large registration stickers as well, which have to be visible through 180 degrees or displayed on the rear of the motorcycle. Side mount number plate holders are illegal. I use a polished stainless steel rego sticker holder from a great guy in Queensland, Australia. The holders are $35 posted anywhere in Aus and he posts to other countries but it costs a few dollars extra for the postage.

Here are the pics of the holder on one of my other bikes.
Macxpert,what kind of bike is that ?

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Macxpert,what kind of bike is that ?
The bike is called a Spyder and is sold under different names around the world. The guy who designed it is in CA. In the USA it is called a Johnny Pag Spyder Johnny Pag Motorcycles , in Europe it is called a Regal-Raptor Spyder, in the UK it is called a EOS Spyder and here in Australia it is called a Hunter Spyder. Mine is an Aussie spec 2008 model.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am from Aus we also have to display rego sticker,I use a lexen tube that mounts to the bottom of your licence plate , It is approx 3/4 of inch in diameter 4inches long the lengh of the plate . hardly noticeable

·
Registered
132 Posts
I took this for granted because it seemed so perfect for the bike. My dealer put my inspection sticker on a little chrome plate just in front of the left side peg. I don't even notice it and you could put both the inspection sticker on one side and the registration on the other. Never have to have it on any other part of the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stickers...ugh

CoolTrukka, this is probably the best solution I've seen so far. It looks like it's not so intrusive but definitely visible to any coppers and meter maids. Any idea where they got that or do you think they fashioned it themselves? If you can find out and let me (us) know, that'd be great.

I took this for granted because it seemed so perfect for the bike. My dealer put my inspection sticker on a little chrome plate just in front of the left side peg. I don't even notice it and you could put both the inspection sticker on one side and the registration on the other. Never have to have it on any other part of the bike.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Screw It! Just move. Just kidding. I also have a small chrome plate that holds my inspection sticker on to the left side foot peg. These plates should be pretty standard at any motorcycle shop in any area. If you can't find one, try Shenandoah Honda in Winchester Va. about an hour ride west of D.C. on Rt. 66 to Rt. 50. It is also a beautiful ride with fantastic scenery. Just ask for a chrome inspection plate. They will know exactly what you need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts