Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read in the Accessories section where one guy bought his seat already and still does not have a bike. Are people actually buying this bike without a test ride ? WTF ?

I want this Fury too but no test ride, no buy, period. Sitting on it in the showroom wont cut it, I expect a test ride and not a "around the block" ride either. Past bike history says this is a bike I will keep 10 years and put a 100,000 miles on, no way I am getting one without making sure its exactly what I want.

Are you guys that have already bought the bike actual riders or just weekend riders ? (please no flames, NO offense meant, its a serious question)

When I bought my Victory, I put 120miles on it during the test ride and I just put 80 miles on a FJR1300 2 weeks ago for a test ride. My dealer said he probably wont allow test rides on the Fury for the first year, so I wont be buying from him because no way I am buying without a good test ride. The Yammy dealer let me take out the FJR because he knows I don't ask until I am very serious and he also knows that the competition is the Fury (radically different style bikes I know).

My Victory Vegas was a true long distance bike and the FJR is also, the Fury does not look like it will be, looks more like a bar hopper since I don't drink, I need to ride it and see if it can be comfortable as a long distance bike. Sure wish Soccer Mom had seen that stop sign :(

I guess I am in shock that people are willing to buy a bike without a serious test ride first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't be shocked

I'm an actual rider and fact is it's a sweet bike that dealers won't be willing to compromise on for awhile. So, you read reviews and learn all you can about the bike. I bought the bike 2 months ago for April delivery - and you have to figure should you flat out hate it how much could you really lose - I don't think much. I agree a test ride is best - whenever I buy a car I rent the one I'm interested in for a week and beat the hell out of it - you just don't get the same options with a cycle. I think it will prove to be a great bike - I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
120 mile test ride ??? Why bother buying one, just test drive one every couple of weeks...
because if you only do 120 miles every couple of weeks, why own a bike at all ?

Not being nasty here, but you can't tell if you will like a bike by riding it around the block and with the exception of riding to work, I rarely get on my bike for short rides, my daily commute is only 15 miles but my weekend riding will easily be several hundred miles.

The weekend before Soccer Mom tried to take me out and took out my Victory, my wife and I went to Monterey for lunch...260 miles each way, left home at 8AM and were back home in time for dinner. Beautiful summer day spent on S. Calif.'s Hi 1, life could not get much better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where's the Fury?

Greed,
Have you received your Fury yet? I ordered mine Feb 17th, 3 days after the price was released and they told me today I wouldn't get it till May 22. WTF!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts