Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly Hi everyone, Secondly you guys and gals have some awesome bikes :D

I'm soon to trade in my honda hornet for a fury and I'm pretty stuck on the idea of a blue one. Sadly here in the UK we only have the option of blue and black :(

It's been my dream to own a chopper, the closest I ever got was a kawasaki VN800 which I still miss to this day.....

Anyway I took out the fury for a test ride and was instantly hooked as I knew I would be...i'm so excited about owing this bike it hurts :p So I look forward to not only owning a fury but also being part of this forum!

Any other UK Fury owners out there??

P.S Seeing as funding will be a bit low for a while,what cheap mods should I be considering first ?

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Cheap/Free Mods

Remove stickers and reflectors
Lower the front turns on the tree or get some $20 LEDs from local auto parts store and switch them out
Cycle Graphics.com has good quality decals that look like custom paint
Demon Cycles has some great quality mirrors for around $36 a pair
Cut off the beaver tail on the back, relocate your plate. I got a cheap side mount on ebay for $15 plus $20 for LED bolts.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Welcome, yes.. we have a few UK riders out there, but it is touch and go when they are online. Glad you could join us though and we look forward to seeing your creativity with your new Honda Chopper :D

Cheap/Free Mods

Remove stickers and reflectors
Lower the front turns on the tree or get some $20 LEDs from local auto parts store and switch them out
Cycle Graphics.com has good quality decals that look like custom paint
Demon Cycles has some great quality mirrors for around $36 a pair
Cut off the beaver tail on the back, relocate your plate. I got a cheap side mount on ebay for $15 plus $20 for LED bolts.

And Tony's mod... :D

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi there & welcome to the forum.I live in Jersey C.I. not really part of the U.K, but most of the guys on here think it is.
My first mod was the Irate radiator cover much better than that plastic thing Honda fitted,but levers or grips are cheap mods if you don't want to spend much cash. say where are you in the U.K?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there & welcome to the forum.I live in Jersey C.I. not really part of the U.K, but most of the guys on here think it is.
My first mod was the Irate radiator cover much better than that plastic thing Honda fitted,but levers or grips are cheap mods if you don't want to spend much cash. say where are you in the U.K?
I'm in Carlisle on the border between Scotland and England so there is some beautiful ride outs :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

I think there'll be a lot more UK riders come the Autumn, when current demo bikes will be more aggressively priced to sell.

I rode a Fury at the UK launch weekend back in February, and sadly, most are still unsold from then...

Honda UK misjudged the price badly (£12575!), and is painfully slow in coming up with reasonably priced accessories. The bike is now available on Honda's low rate finance package, and it's surely a matter of time before a bit of panic selling ensues after the season. We've had a pretty poor summer weather wise here in the UK and VAT is due to go up to 20% next year, and these factors will take their toll on bikes like the Fury

That said, I'm standing by to bag a Fury at a more acceptable price when the moment arrives, so until then...

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
hi and welcome,there a few of us uk riders on the forum i live in kent mines a blue fury ive had it since march and have already changed the levers,grips,deep dish bevels,number plate side mount and cut and shaped the originall number plate mount also have d&d slip on mufflers and the chrome engine covers with inserts and so it goes on!! this a great forum with great advice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Wigoh :)

Do you have any pictures of your bike? Also did you get anywhere with replacing your exhausts with cobras?

As soon as I get a bit of money, which could be a while due to my first baby due in the next few weeks :) that will defintley be my first major mod...

At first I was dead taken with blue BUT (not taking anything away fom you guys with blue bikes) I'm starting to lean towards the black now :p

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
hiya,got to take some pics and post them,all the uk bikes and i think the ones in oz have 02 sensors on the exhausts which makes it a bit tricky to change the pipes i really like are the cobra swepts but i dont think they make them yet with the bungs for the sensors unless some one on hear knows diffrent when they do i will be buying so i went with the slipons from d&d they sound good,it was a hard choice between black or blue i choose blue im pleased i did

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
You can order US pipes w/o o2 bungs and just install 2 330 ohm 1/4-1/2 resistors. Your light will come on at start up then go out. A lot of the pipes that are being shipped overseas with o2 bungs have the wrong fitting. They are coming f/f or m/m, don't remember which, something to consider if you order with bungs.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello and welcome to the community! Congrats on both of the upcomming new arrivals to your family as well :)

12,575 pounds? thats 19,884 USD at todays exchange rate! Honda must have lost their minds with a price like that. I love my Fury, but if it was 20k US, i would have seriously started looking at a Big Dog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts