Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone rocking underbar mirrors? I can't seem to find any photos of it but I think it would look really good, if you have any pictures please post them and explain how you found it best to mount them.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Is anyone rocking underbar mirrors? I can't seem to find any photos of it but I think it would look really good, if you have any pictures please post them and explain how you found it best to mount them.
I've been on here 7-8 years and I don't recall anyone having them. Maybe due to the Fury handlebars having weights in the end to help with vibration. Also, the handlebars are so low, they might hit the tank. My switch covers are just a hair away from touching with the 8° trees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been on here 7-8 years and I don't recall anyone having them. Maybe due to the Fury handlebars having weights in the end to help with vibration. Also, the handlebars are so low, they might hit the tank. My switch covers are just a hair away from touching with the 8° trees.
I have noticed how close they are but if they came out to just under the grips they should clear the tank with the stock tree.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I looked into this too as I’ve seen other cruisers with them and really liked the look. I happen to really like the stock handlebars, but the stock mirrors don’t seem to fit the look. removing the mirrors really gives the bars a sleek look, which I like. Simpler = better applies here (to me). From looking at it, I think someone could easily fabricate an adapter that would screw into the stock mirror slot, then run forward slightly and then point straight down, with the same size hole as the stock mirror screw thread. This would point the stock mirrors straight down where they were already placed, albeit slightly forward. However, being incapable of fabbing such a device myself, the only other viable option I have found is bar end mirrors. Kuryakyn recently introduced a line of products called Dillinger. They have a bar end that comes in silver matching my 2010 silver metallic. They are sold individually, but I was able to turn one “inside out” and now have one on both sides. At first I turned them down. Yes, you can definitely do it where they will NOT hit the tank, even at full lock. But the issue I had with this was that half of the mirror was obstructed by my forearm at normal riding position. I would have to lift my arm up every time I needed to really look behind me. It just got too damn annoying. Probably dangerous? So I flipped them back up to their usual bar end position and have loved them ever since. the system they use to lock into place acts as a weight to help stabilize them. Yes, they get blurry at highway speeds, but not any more blurry than I remember the stock mirrors being.
Sorry I don’t have any pics of when they were turned down. But this is what they look like now. Probably not to everyone’s taste. But I still feel like they “clean up” the line of the bars, and are 100% functional. Win win. Hope this helps. And let us know if you work up a solution to downturned mirrors.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think someone could easily fabricate an adapter that would screw into the stock mirror slot, then run forward slightly and then point straight down, with the same size hole as the stock mirror screw thread.
I have been looking at something like This to give me the undermount mirrors if/when I change the bars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts