Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I made a couple of upgrades to the bike. I decided to help "stimulate" the economy since I am not the most mechanically inclined. That was my first mistake. It turned out to be an ordeal, hopefully someone will learn from my mistakes. The items to install were the 8* triple trees and DLX PRODOX forward controls with matching grips and passenger pegs. I decided that I wanted to get the front forks powder coated with the trees. I gave them specific instructions on what I wanted done. Don't get me wrong, the shop that did the install did a decent job...on the install of the items, but it took so long to get things done I had to get the owner involved. The service manager's story was he could not give me a time frame for install which I knew was code for "I am doing all the other work in the shop and letting your bike sit there." Once I had a couple of conversations with the owner the bike was magically finished in three days. Lesson one: bug the crap out of the owner if the service shop is giving you the run around. The second lesson was I should have done all the leg work for the powder coating. If you notice on the picture, they powder coated the 3" extensions, does not look that bad but not what I wanted. Overall, the powder coating job was not very good. Looks good from a distance but up close is a different story. There are few not so good spots. Normally, I would have had them take it apart and do the powder coating all over but the weather is turning nice and I just wanted the bike back so I could ride. The powder coating did not cost that much so I will chalk that up to lessons learned. My original plan was to have them take the bike apart and then I would take the parts to the powder coater. This shop is not that close so I let myself be talked into letting them take it to the coater for me. My suggestion to anyone who is thinking of doing this and using a shop to do some of the work get involved and be clear who is to do what. If I would have seen the powder coating job I would have made them fix it prior to install.

No issues riding with the 8* trees, in fact it rides great! No issues with hard braking or turning.

I toned down the red on the tips of the exhaust, before it was over powering. MFR did a great job on my pipes and did what I asked him to do by making the tips all red.

I also put the L&M intake adapter on; I got a blem'ed version off ebay and painted it. I saved some money there. The spike is the one that I got from D2moto sometime last year.

Working on getting some fat fork tubes, what do you all think about the extensions being black, look funny?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a beautiful bike!!!

Do you have plans to black out your engine?
I do, but don't think I will get to it anytime soon. I really like ones that are black with the fin tips silver, think that would look nice. I also want to get a t-mod (need an east coast trip MFR, please, please, please!), maybe a sissy bar, and need a new seat.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Nice Pete! I think she looks great. I'll admit it seems a little odd that they coated the 3" extenders but visually it doesn't bother me. And if you go with the fat fork tubes you won't even notice.

I think the best decision was toning the red down to pretty much pin stripes on the exhaust tips. Looks awesome! And goes beautifully with the black spike. I've been anxiously awaiting your solution to tying in the red tips to the rest of the bike since you got those pipes and I'd have to say you made an EXCELLENT decision!

Damn nice, Pete! Bike's got some serious attitude now!

(and ++++++1 on the east coast MFR tour!!!)

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Bike looks awesome ! Love it, one of the nicest ones IMO !

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Wow, nice bike... think you should add some red highlights to the grill! Now that would make it pop... nothing big or anything, just highlights like some shadowing of some kind... that would be sweet! Good job on the bike though bro!

Oh, lowering kit on the back would be nice too... bring out that bikes profile even more, IMO.

The extensions being black... actually, kind of like them like that... adds a little bit to the flavor of the bike. But, if you get the fat fork tube covers, might be best just to make it all black, don't know... would have to see a photoshop of that... hmmm, looks good though right now!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the support guys!

RSS, I thought about doing something with skull on the grill, either the eyes red or maybe the flames on top of the head.

My mod fund is quickly drying up and I need to market to go up to help fund some future ideas.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
That looks great! I like the 3" extenders that way! Way to bring out the red. But I agree. Something needs to be done with the ass of the bike.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks great! I like the 3" extenders that way! Way to bring out the red. But I agree. Something needs to be done with the ass of the bike.
yes, my ass...I mean my bikes ass needs a T-Mod something fierce. Maybe a new kit like yours someday!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
whats this I hear? another road trip??

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
yes, my ass...I mean my bikes ass needs a T-Mod something fierce. Maybe a new kit like yours someday!
Looks like your running the shock kinda high? Of course what you think is all that matters. But the lower you set it the smoother the ride. I think the color scheme of your bike blows mine away. I screwed up by not doing anything with the levers or controls. Well done!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like your running the shock kinda high? Of course what you think is all that matters. But the lower you set it the smoother the ride. I think the color scheme of your bike blows mine away. I screwed up by not doing anything with the levers or controls. Well done!
I have not done anything with the shock, might be time to mess around with it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts