Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at work saturday, got a phone call, I was told that a 200 year old white oak tree had just fell on my 14'x14' outbuilding. Can anyone guess what was in that outbuilding, thats right, my Fury. When I got home the whole thing was flat. All I could see of the Fury was the tail light and around front the headlight, the rest was under mounds of tree and lumber and metal roofing. We cleared enough away and the Fury was holding a lot of weight but we got her out. Just by looking at it theres not much damage, but when you ride her, theres definitely something wrong, she wants to run sideways now. Anyway I think I lost her, insurance adjusters will be here in a day or two to look at her. If totaled, got my eye on another one. I will put some pics on here later of the mess.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Ugghhhh is right... Sorry to hear about your loss... I would have had a few choice of other words but ugghhhh fits in this situation. Hope they either fix her or that they give enough to buy a new one... Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Look on the bright side, you got a chance to correct your color choice to black!

But seriously, sorry to hear it. Make sure you swap all your stock parts back on before they total it.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
That sucks

Thank god no one got killed!

Sooorry to here about the loss!:mad:

We need a picture to see that one!

I think you can get the ABS now if you like! Or the orange:p:p:p

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Sorry man, that's really bad news but at least no one was in the building and no one got hurt. Me personally I would want the insurance guy to total the bike so I can get a new one seems fixing something like that and it never rides right again

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Sorry man, that's really bad news but at least no one was in the building and no one got hurt. Me personally I would want the insurance guy to total the bike so I can get a new one seems fixing something like that and it never rides right again
I agree. If it's not running true, maybe the frame got bent and it would never run true again. Take a tree branch to it and make sure it gets totaled.

Seriously, that really sucks. I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hell if I was 200 years old I would probably have a tendency to fall over also. Bummer to hear about it, strip a few things off of it without making it look obvious to save for later, like the engine, rims, stuff you can keep as spares or sell on ebay :D. Get some pics up when you can. :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Read your post and it made me sick! Bikes can be replaced. Count your blessings and your insurance money! Hope you are back in the saddle soon and keep us posted.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So I was at work saturday, got a phone call, I was told that a 200 year old white oak tree had just fell on my 14'x14' outbuilding. Can anyone guess what was in that outbuilding, thats right, my Fury. When I got home the whole thing was flat. All I could see of the Fury was the tail light and around front the headlight, the rest was under mounds of tree and lumber and metal roofing. We cleared enough away and the Fury was holding a lot of weight but we got her out. Just by looking at it theres not much damage, but when you ride her, theres definitely something wrong, she wants to run sideways now. Anyway I think I lost her, insurance adjusters will be here in a day or two to look at her. If totaled, got my eye on another one. I will put some pics on here later of the mess.
Sorry to hear bout your loss , But on the plus side if you burn firewood you should have enough heat for next season . If not you could make a few bucks from selling it and get out a little bit of frustration with a chainsaw .

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
now thats a heck of a way to get an oil change.glad your ok.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really appreciate everyones concern. What do u guys think, matte white, I liked it. Looked at one a couple of weeks ago at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I really appreciate everyones concern. What do u guys think, matte white, I liked it. Looked at one a couple of weeks ago at the dealership.
yep then trade me straight up for it ! :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Like a good neighbor, state farm is there... WITH A NEW FURY!

P.S. Don't forget to tell them about the 300 diamonds that were glued to your fuel tank... The tree must've knocked them off, into the drain down the street.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts