Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'll be getting to my 600 mi valve adjustment in a week or two. Looking at the manual, it looks like I should be able to do this without removing or even unbolting the tank. I was guessing that removing the air cleaner and disconnecting the hoses from the PAIR solenoid would be necessary to get enough room to access the valves in the rear.. Is this similar to what you did ? (I'll probably post up a set of photos of doing a valve adjustment when I do mine).

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a "drive on" work stand in my shop. I rolled a parts table over to the bike and raised it level with the bottom of the tank right next to the bike and lifted the tank, unplugged the wires and turned it 90 degrees and set it on the parts table, left the hoses connected. Ditto on the AC and PAIR stuff. You might get to everything with the tank on but it was just too easy for me to move it to not to.
That sounds like a nice setup to have !

I'll see if I can do it with the tank left bolted on. If not I'll try unbolting it and setting it aside somewhere, somehow with the fuel lines left connected.. I better be sure to ride till the reserve light comes on, then a little more, before leaving it to cool for the check :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts