Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the response back from Vance & Hines. They are making some Bigshots for the Fury that will be available at the end of September. Had a set of these on a VTX 1800 along with Big City Thunder Monster baffles and were totally blown away by the power and sound. Exhaust will have to wait to see what these will look like. No price was quoted as of yet.:) Do have a part number though.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
While we are going to start talking about the Vance and Hines, can somebody explain to me what is so special about the company in general. I know the basic spleel on it, like "Vance and Hines has earned a reputation for quality and innovation that many consider to be unrivaled in the motorcycle industry".

Innovation? Unless they come out with something mind blowing here, they are behind the ball on making an exhaust for the fury by almost a year and a half...

Quality, sure... they are good quality, but I might just be one of those people that doesn't see anything "Special" about them? I have seen them on many Harley's and well, they are nice, but they aren't like Wow that's nice.

Just curious about others opinions on Vance and Hines.

·
Registered
370 Posts
While hunting around YouTube for pipe sound bytes, I think the V&H have a better sound than the Cobras. If I understand them properly, I think the Vance pipes available now are just slip-on's, and much cheaper than any of the others. What am I missing?

I know the other manufacturers have monster sounds with the baffles removed. But if I want something with a little more volume than stock, but with more growl, I think Vance is in the running.

Still looking and listening though. What has been frusterating for me in the search, is the fact that almost every sound I hear has a different combination of pipe, intake, and fuel controller. What I would like would be to hear different pipe sounds with the stock intake and stock controller. That way the pipe is not affected by anything else. For me, the tone, both low and high throttle has the most weight, with looks coming in second. Maybe that is because I don't really mind the looks of the stock pipes.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I would like to see V&H make a set of Big Radius for the Fury. They look good on BigDog choppers so I bet they would look good on the Fury.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
If I'm not mistaken I could swear that the slip ons that they made and are offering are expensive, I want to say that they were like $500 for just slip ons, either way it's doesn't matter because I have my Inferno's and love them. I agree that Vance & Hines look good and sound good they don't seem to be anything special to me, just my couple of cents.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I would like to see V&H make a set of Big Radius for the Fury. They look good on BigDog choppers so I bet they would look good on the Fury.
Yes, now that I would like to see... not really a fan of the bigshots...

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I have been asking for the Big Radius pipes since day one. V&H has not been too responsive on the idea. We need to let them know that there is a market out there for the pipes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had e-mailed V & H last year ,they sent back a couple of pics ,some slip ons they were working on at that time. The look I was going for was the big radius. The MORTON INFERNO`s are just that & they really sound BAD ASS COOL:cool::cool::D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I had Bigshots on my VTX 1800 and they sounded amazing. I did nothing to the baffles and they were freakin LOUD! The chrome on them were the best Ive seen on pipes. I have my cobra's and Im very happy with them. I doubt I will be spending almost a grand for new pipes expecially if there is nothing wrong with them. Big dough like that will be going for custom paint. Im not rich like you guys lol

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I looked a while back and seen that they just released a set of big radius pipes for the Raider so I bet when they realize that the Fury is out selling everything (except Harley) they will wise up.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I've got the V&H cruzers, the full pipes. Not expensive and less than the Cobra's. Frankly, they look ok. Not exciting like some of the pipes you guys have posted. but, they're better than the OEM, imo.
as for sound, i was parked next to a Fury with Cobra slashdowns and I did like my pipe sounds better.
on the other hand, if you want to be nitpicky, unless you have a really great set of magical Fury pipes, to me they all sound like tractors. No oomph, my V&H included.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vance & Hines ~cost.

Got the approximate cost for the bigshots this morning. Will sell for about the same price as the ones for the VTX 1300. $445. We'll see when they come out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts