Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
That's pretty cool Jimmy.
Ya know you got a bad ass looking bike there. Probably the fastest FURY on the face of the earth.
I say ditch the red pin stripes on the rims though. I don't know why but they were really jumping out at me on that video.
But nice job Jimmy. I am now 100% jealous and because of you my wife will soon be permanently pissed at me.:D

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I say ditch the red pin stripes on the rims though. I don't know why but they were really jumping out at me on that video.
It's funny you say that.....The Service Manager and I both said the same thing today.

They'll be coming off soon. Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
616 Posts
You can tell it sounds different than a stock motor, it sounds more kick-ass. I could live with the wheel stripes its the forks/torque arm/shaft drive hub in silver that sticks out to me, I think they would do wonders for your bike if they were black but thats just my opinion, to each his own, good job on the bike man.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Wish you were closer, so I could take her for a spin. Bike sounds and looks awsome.:cool:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Richard, get a cheap ticket to Phoenix.......you can ride her, then take the Fury for a spin as well...LOL

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It's funny you say that.....The Service Manager and I both said the same thing today.

They'll be coming off soon. Thanks for the compliments.
They can't exactly come off.........go to AutoZone and get some black pin stripe tape and line the wheels. One roll is more then enough for both wheels, both sides. It's only noticeable if you're the one who did it. And it's only $5......I did mine a couple months ago and it's holding very well.

edit- just realized you can see where I scraped my swepts in the picture about :(

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
daRe

Thanks for the suggestion.....I guess they are painted red first, then the black applied.
Question....? How did you apply the pin stripe and keep it straight? Go slowly, I would guess???

·
Registered
331 Posts
Jimmy, you know you are the envy of everyone on here and posting this is worse than water boarding to the rest of us?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jimmy, you know you are the envy of everyone on here and posting this is worse than water boarding to the rest of us?
Sorry......but thanks for compliment. I got no G/F, nor a wife...some ex's but they've been paid off.

So I have a little extra cash for the scooter.

It's almost done (if there is such a thing with a motorcycle)....ordered the Cannella risers, and all stainless lines (brake, throttle and clutch).

Can't think of much more to do to her, 'cept ride....she took me to Wickenburg for breakfast today while the temps were still low 80's.

Ride Safe to all of us....

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
They can't exactly come off.........go to AutoZone and get some black pin stripe tape and line the wheels. One roll is more then enough for both wheels, both sides. It's only noticeable if you're the one who did it. And it's only $5......I did mine a couple months ago and it's holding very well.

edit- just realized you can see where I scraped my swepts in the picture about :(
Yes we who have the bike know they are painted on. How about, remove them.
But, I like the idea of putting a black pin stripe over it. I think it would look good. maybe even a dark grey to match the tins. Or a lighter black.
I am going to give it a try.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
daRe

Thanks for the suggestion.....I guess they are painted red first, then the black applied.
Question....? How did you apply the pin stripe and keep it straight? Go slowly, I would guess???
First I wiped the wheels down with some quick detailer to get the dirt off. Then I just slowly started wrapping the wheels. It's far from perfect and if you look closely, it's wavy. But it did the job and its not noticeable. I love the look.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello Jimmy - thanks for posting the vid. The bike does sound really strong - what all have you done to her? Have you had engine work done?

My ONLY complaint about my bike itself is that she seems like a bike this beautiful should have a LOT more power. What to do...what to do...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts