Premium Member
1,995 Posts
0081... I lose :(

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not very fair to the Matte, ABS, or 50 state model owners :rolleyes:
Give me some more ground rules and I will adjust the contest then... As I stated in the OP, I will go back in and adjust as needed, the basis of the post is still the same though. Whole VIN instead? Maybe if it is one of these models, they will face off with each other? Then be compared to the purchase date of the 6 VIN number winner for date of purchase?... just examples, but the best one's I can think of to compare them all.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I Guess It Is Not Even Worth It To Enter Since There Are Several Already Posted Higher Than My 3098 Blue Purchased 8/4/2010 :(

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
2010 Matte silver (the best)

001285. I don't think it's a winner.
How about a $100 gift card toward the purchase of a sumo kit any way?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Well I am not doing good in this contest. AK002566 black

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Give me some more ground rules and I will adjust the contest then... As I stated in the OP, I will go back in and adjust as needed, the basis of the post is still the same though. Whole VIN instead? Maybe if it is one of these models, they will face off with each other? Then be compared to the purchase date of the 6 VIN number winner for date of purchase?... just examples, but the best one's I can think of to compare them all.
First I have no chance of winning this so I am not posting any of this to get an advantage, I have a low number, and I rode mine for over a month with a dealer plate before I did the paperwork, so I am not close either way. I thought from the post on wheels, you were doing this to determine the TOTAL number of Furys sold/made. To do that, you need the highest number within each VDC as I posted you. Each VDC starts at 000001 and runs up to the end of that model, so there are 4 or more Furys with say the last 6 of 000500 but only the SC610 will be in the say 004500 numbers. The code SC610 will have the highest number since they are the 49 state and Canada model and traditionally Honda makes more for that market. The other VDC models will not be made in the same quantity as that model, (usually < 25%) so the highest Matte, or ABS, or 50 state models will probably be in the 2000 area. SO a guy with a Matte of which 1500-2000 are made, doesn't stand a chance against a 49 state model that (maybe) 5000 are made. I would bet that SoLo's 3985 (in the SC610) and mrbyber's 1285 (SC 615) will be tough to top in each VDC. The purchase date also would not be fair to the ABS models, they came out almost 1 year after the others, so they can't compete with those of us that ran out the first few weeks and bought and their VIN numbers will not be high. The only thing I can think of, is get the highest number in each VDC, put those 4 names in a hat and draw one out, that way you and Sumo will get a better idea of the total by adding up the numbers of each, and the models all have some chance of winning.

Also more info for your FAQ, the ABS is VDC SC618.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
if you want to atleast beat Mrbyber in the matte category, there is a matte at dreyer with VIN in the high 600's you can buy to win that $100.00

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I think the contest should go by purchase date. Who ever has had there fury the longest and can prove it should get the gift card. That seems fair don't you think?
Just a thought. Not my contest though.
And no, I would not even come close to winning that way either. I just don't think some guy who bought a bike last week should (possibly) win.
I think it should go to the guy who has put there time and money into the bike. I could care a less either way but it would just be more fair that way and easier.
That way all us losers can feel like he or she earned it.:cool:

I think it's real cool of Sumo to do that too. Way to step up!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts