Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
The last 3 digits will tell you what number bike you have. Now it will only be xxx of 500 for the SE bike as only 500 are made. :cool: Good Luck!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Does this apply to all colors? or just the SE
From what I've read it only applies to the Special Edition bikes for the 1-500 and then all the others are numbered as normal. Example mine is #31. Color doesn't matter. Only the SE is different.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok, well can anyone tell me how to identify the characters in the vin? or did i just miss that in the manual?

really just for S&G

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
Here goes, I will use mine as an example JH2SC610*AK000341

JH2 Make and type, Honda motorcycle Made in Japan
SC610 Vehicle desc. code VT1300CX (49 state model )
* Check number used to validate VIN
A Model Year 2010 (2009 was 9, for clarity now they will go A,B etc)
K Plant (Kumamoto, Japan)
000341 Sequential production number 341st 2010 VT1300CX made

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
Looking at the bulletin I got today, the VDS code (SC610) is for the 49 state model of the Fury, the 50 state VDS is SC611 and the matte silver (all of them are 50 state models) is SC615.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wierd!

The last 3 digits will tell you what number bike you have. Now it will only be xxx of 500 for the SE bike as only 500 are made. :cool: Good Luck!
So this is odd, ruppy and fury fun have the same bike last three digits. both have confirmed. 148 is the last three digits. Now my fourth digit is different than his. Anyone else seen this?

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
So this is odd, ruppy and fury fun have the same bike last three digits. both have confirmed. 148 is the last three digits. Now my fourth digit is different than his. Anyone else seen this?
Then you have a 4 digit VIN versus his 3 digit..
His is an earlier production

By the way there wasn't a limit of 500 production

·
Registered
211 Posts
Then you have a 4 digit VIN versus his 3 digit..
His is an earlier production

By the way there wasn't a limit of 500 production
I completely agree. it was just odd as i read on here the way to find out what production number your bike is. Using the last three digits would get you the bike number. No worries.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I believe that your bike is 1148, I really dont think there is only 500 made..

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I believe that your bike is 1148, I really don't think there is only 500 made..
Originally, Honda did not know if the Matt Grey would sell, so they made a production run of 500, and then see what happens. They then decided to make more.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
#285,
first batch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts