Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a bit of info guys...have removed all the stickers and crap from my fury all thats left is the vin plate on the the front downtube looks like its got two pins is it glued on or pinned to the frame if its pinned i dont want to leave holes in the downtubes:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
need a bit of info guys...have removed all the stickers and crap from my fury all thats left is the vin plate on the the front downtube looks like its got two pins is it glued on or pinned to the frame if its pinned i dont want to leave holes in the downtubes:rolleyes:
Shouldnt have pins or rivets, should be a heavy duty sticker. Use a heat gun and pick and peal it off. Don't leave heat gun in one spot too long.

·
Registered
111 Posts
what is the best thing to use to get the stickers off?

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just used a heat gun started to peel away, pulled the plate through the pin they do go into the downtube the vin is on like a tin plate what a pain in the ass!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
What i found the best is to take the wifes hair dryer from the bathroom to garage warm up that sticker and pull slowly then use a paint polish or eucaliptis oil to take off adhesive thats left behind rubbing gently

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
just used a heat gun started to peel away, pulled the plate through the pin they do go into the downtube the vin is on like a tin plate what a pain in the ass!!
Really ? Pics ? Never heard of Honda doing this before. Is the plate metal ? If so you can remove the sticker off top of it then paint to match it and reinstall maybe.....:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used a steamer to get my stickers off. The only thing I have left are the stupid reflectors on my rear fender. They are not cooperating. I tried the fishing line trick but the line just kept breaking.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
He is in England you guys The sticker you (USA) guys removed is actually a DOT Safety sticker, Honda makes models that are for US dist, and units for outside US, other manufacturers (HD for instance) rivet a VIN plate to the bike that is probably what Honda does for European models..

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Wow that sucks. May as well make them use a HUGE license plate,....um, oops sorry. Honest question though, are you allowed to side mount a plate in the UK?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The oz model has the manufacture serial number on a plate that is riveted on the right side of down tube of frame its not that bad and in oz not allowed to side mount licence plate ,and same size as your plates

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
cool....I've seen pics of bikes in UK or maybe Rurope in general that had to have really big plates. That would be hard to get used to.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks the hair dryer trick worked great then a little goo gone cleaned it all right up!!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Shouldnt have pins or rivets, should be a heavy duty sticker. Use a heat gun and pick and peal it off. Don't leave heat gun in one spot too long.
The VIN plate in Australia is metal and pinned on with 2 pins. If we move it or deface it we get locked up for 6 million years! Yep, it's a serious offence!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we are ok to use side side license plates...as for the size of the plate!! to be legal they are sodding huge!! but if you use common sense and dont make them really small you dont really get that many pulls,i have always used a small smaller plate with no probs..they tend to go go for the sports bike riders with screaming cans and really small plates going everywhere at a million miles per hour, you are lucky over the pond seems like you get away with lots!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you remove the vin plate from the frame down tube,your going to have to place it somewhere else because it a legal requirement for your bike to have one,if you have a crash & your bike dos'nt have a plate it will void your insurance because the bike is not legal,as far as I know this is case in Europe,Uk & channel islands.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I used a steamer to get my stickers off. The only thing I have left are the stupid reflectors on my rear fender. They are not cooperating. I tried the fishing line trick but the line just kept breaking.
Spider wire works really well. It's a little more abrasive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts