Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo Whats up guys/gals?

Pretty soon I plan on buying 4'' fork extenders and a pair of Scootworks risers.
annnnd i was wondering if this voids the warranty?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
4 inches? Don't do it .....3 is the maximum and i wouldn't even do that without the trees. It'll raise the front end up wayyy to much and won't look right.

As far as the warranty goes, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
4 inches? Don't do it .....3 is the maximum and i wouldn't even do that without the trees. It'll raise the front end up wayyy to much and won't look right.

As far as the warranty goes, you'll be fine.
Ok so I just googled this because I haven't heard of 4" extenders but it came up on my search for VTX 1300 . I am almost willing to bet 10* trees are coming out to accommodate these 4" extenders already on the market . Could be wrong though ...

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I am almost willing to bet 10* trees are coming out to accommodate these 4" extenders already on the market . Could be wrong though ...
10* trees are to dangerous for the stock neck angle on the fury. The way I understand it you have to have a larger front tire or a neck rake to gain enough trail to handle 10* trees and still have safe trail #'s but...................................... :cool:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
10* trees are to dangerous for the stock neck angle on the fury. The way I understand it you have to have a larger front tire or a neck rake to gain enough trail to handle 10* trees and still have safe trail #'s but...................................... :cool:
Better hold on with 10* trees. Im sure its very unstable with those. I could be wrong but I dont think so. Better hold on tight either way lol

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I have the scootworks and the 8's with three inch extenders. From what I remember my warranty was good because I had honda do the work. I thought they said that was the only reason it was still good. You could call your local Honda shop.
I hope your raking that bitch out or your front end is gonna be about 10" off the ground:eek::confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
My Honda shop said it 'helps' if they did the install in a warranty dispute. I asked when they did my 8* trees and 3" xtndrs. They also said this was not a mod that voids warranty.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Funny thing about warrenties ... how fast can you convert the vehicle back to stock with out the manufactorer finding out? Planning on posting pics here with the 4" extentions on it? All it would take is a dick of a salesperson to show Honda what you have done, and Honda to deny your warrenty.

Take for examply your neck becomes seperated from the frame .. basically breaks at the weld. Now, your screwed because unless you are carrying the tools with you, those 4" extentions are going to give you away.

If your afraid of voiding the warrenty, then dont. Wait until it has expired then mod it.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I have the scootworks and the 8's with three inch extenders. From what I remember my warranty was good because I had honda do the work. I thought they said that was the only reason it was still good. You could call your local Honda shop.
I hope your raking that bitch out or your front end is gonna be about 10" off the ground:eek::confused::rolleyes:
8's & 3'' & your an idol?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
My Honda shop said it 'helps' if they did the install in a warranty dispute. I asked when they did my 8* trees and 3" xtndrs. They also said this was not a mod that voids warranty.
Of course it helps because you have lined there pockets with money from installing stuff for you, plus they are the ones that telling Honda whether it was a warrantied repair or not so the more you spend there I'm sure the more it helps.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Local dealer gets reimbursed from Honda for the repairs. It's no skin off their back to not void your warrantee. At least that's how I understand it.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Yeah that's what I understand also, so I'm sure that they say that by getting work done by them in turn will help you get stuff covered under warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts