Honda Fury Forums: banner

Which set of pipes should I build??

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my personal exhaust build on Therapy Its a 3 1/2" cannon SuperTrapp muffler

Here is the Question

Which set of the above pipes should I build to go into this cannon??

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Agreed, 2... now that I see that your are trying to build onto one of these, then yes, 2.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Thats a tough one, they both look good. Why not do them both then sell me whatever ones you don't want.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Guess your to lazy to set up a poll. My vote is #2. Those long pipes are gonna take a good bit of sound away though.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
2, with 1 it looks like alot more work, and the pipe overlapping thecover is kinda MEhhhh looking. Also from a rough look at travel path you have less drastic changes in flow on 2 where it functionally will be better

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
IMO the second picture flows better with the lines of the bike. The front pipe coming out of the head follows the lines of the downtube and where it turns at the bottom matches the lines of the frame really nice. Just my two cents worth anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinkin the first set before I got the cannon, but now I like the Drags #2 better also

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yea, the first set is better for some kind of shorty set up with some angled end pipes, where the second would be longer for a longer rear end...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Definately #2

Have you thought of starting the 2 into 1 where they first intersect at the bottom of the engine? That would allow you to push the left pipe up against the engine and run it between the two cases...

...just a thought, but definately #2

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, the first set is better for some kind of shorty set up with some angled end pipes, where the second would be longer for a longer rear end...
Agree, can't believe I am agreeing with RSS again...... :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Definately #2

Have you thought of starting the 2 into 1 where they first intersect at the bottom of the engine? That would allow you to push the left pipe up against the engine and run it between the two cases...

...just a thought, but definately #2
The cannon has a 2 into 1 collector on it so I have to stay there

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats a tough one, they both look good. Why not do them both then sell me whatever ones you don't want.
Finding another cannon like this at the price I got it for Is going to be hard. the pipes with this cannon at regular price will easily hit $1100-$1200 chromed

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think nr 3 would look cool! Looks a little like V&H Big Radius 2-1.
You got eyes for that MFR, so I think they all looks great witch one you decide!
Way to go!

Mattias / MTL Custom, Sweden

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I like #1!!!
I would vote 3 but that isin't in your poll?????
You are really on to something MFR! Keep it up!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
JMO
I would make #1 a couple inches longer and #3 (your personal pipes) 3 or 4 inches shorter.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts