Votes: 28 43.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have three submissions competing for the January Fury of the Month. Voting will last for one week and will end 29 Jan 2010. Please vote for the Fury of your choice.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Tony

Mods Include: None Listed

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
suvettez400

Mods Include:

Vance & Hines Cruzers
Spike Intake
Low & Mean Spike Adapter
Fuggin Fuel Controller
Kuryakin Iso Grips
Accutronix Side Mount
Raw Designs Tail Light
Raw Designs Fork Nut Covers
DCS Turn Signal LED Mirrors
Florida Joe Accent Lighting Kit
Silverstar H4 Head Light Bulb

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Leglicker

Mods Include:

Cobra Swept Exhaust, Baffles removed
Low and Mean air intake
DM Spike Airfilter
Wicked Image Tribal Mirrors
Spike Fork Caps
Kuryakyn Chrome engine kit
Irate Skull radiator cover
Chrome Master cylinder cover
Chrome Rear brake cylinder cover
Chrome clutch cover
Spike Iso Grips
Spike Iso pegs
Stealth Rear tailight
Accutronics chrome side plate
Chrome Control covers on handle bars
Joe Florida LED light kit
Clear turn signal lenses
Low and Mean Skulls Speedo plate
Fi2000 Fuel Controller

·
Premium Member
749 Posts

This is the factory brake / tail light that I installed LED turn signals inside it.(this is a right turn) It looks brighter in person

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Hey Tony:
Nice creative work on the tail light. I was considering doing that modification..
I opted to spend the cash on the RAW tail light..
Wanting to get rid of the factory turn signals front and rear..
Good job.. you should post a how to on the mod you made..

T

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Hey Tony:
Nice creative work on the tail light. I was considering doing that modification..

T
I have posted a how too. I was surprised on how little interest there was on this. I love the look of the factory tail light but hate the rear signals. And to top it off this mod cost me almost nothing. Evan if you had to buy all of the material it would be about $50. And the end result looks and functions really well. It’s hard to tell in the pic but the turn signals are yellow.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-appearance/1403-attempt-3-a.html

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Hey Tony:

T
I like to try building it myself first. Although it doesn’t always work out as I planned. I do wreck things. The way I look at it is I can always buy it if needed. I have already done a few homemade mods.
I’m almost done my forward controls (Thanks Clueless).
i painted the side covers
The intergraded tail light.
I also was going to lift the front of the tank 1½ (not so good).
Here is some pics of my homemade side mount.

They were taken with a cell phone so the quality is not to good

·
Registered
500 Posts
Leglicker,

It may be the angle, but your fender appears to be sitting a little high?.?
Unfortunately, I think that's just the angle of the fender, which becomes more obvious when the turn signals and all the crap hanging down from the oem license plate holder are removed. It's why I've held off from Raw's LED tailight kit; I'm seriously anxious to get rid of the plastic plate crap and stock lolly's, but honda has the fender jacked so damn high it looks slightly off when it's sitting there by instelf, imho. Might do it anyway though since it's still a much cleaner looking backend.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Unfortunately, I think that's just the angle of the fender, which becomes more obvious when the turn signals and all the crap hanging down from the oem license plate holder are removed. It's why I've held off from Raw's LED tailight kit; I'm seriously anxious to get rid of the plastic plate crap and stock lolly's, but honda has the fender jacked so damn high it looks slightly off when it's sitting there by instelf, imho. Might do it anyway though since it's still a much cleaner looking backend.
I agree.

I stopped by the shop last night to pick up some parts and saw your bike on the rack all torn apart. I think it is really going to look sharp when it’s done. Have you looked into or thought about running your cables thru your handlebars? I thought I saw a thread on here where someone was either doing it or thinking about it.

Low and Mean posted in the vendor section “Lowering your bike with the STOCK shock” a couple of days ago, so it sounds like something’s in the works.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I agree with Stonewheel, I cannot take the look of the turn signals anymore, not to mention the way they stick out so far. My budget on the bike has gone out the window with making the changes. The fronts are now gone and waiting on the RAW rear kit and the rear will be gone also.
So first it was the stock yellow converted to the Kury smoked lens, now converted to off the bike all together.

Since recently having my wheels chromed, I'm not ready to go with the Low & Mean 240 wheel mod. So I'll will wait until a air adjustable shock come out.

Not to take away what Tony has done with his bike. I think the changes he made makes his bike look great.
This shows what you can do without a lot of money thrown at the bike.
Some of these aftermarket parts are ridiculously priced. It comes down to how much your willing to spend to get the looks you want.

My hat's off to Tony..
Pretty close poll, only 4 votes away from Leglicker as of this post...
Has a BLACK bike won this Fury of The Month yet?:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Only a few more voting days left..:)
Tony is only 3 votes behind Leglicker....
Will it come down to 1 vote separating them?

What happens if they tie? Do they both get FOM?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Aargh

I agree.

I stopped by the shop last night to pick up some parts and saw your bike on the rack all torn apart. I think it is really going to look sharp when it’s done. Have you looked into or thought about running your cables thru your handlebars? I thought I saw a thread on here where someone was either doing it or thinking about it.

Low and Mean posted in the vendor section “Lowering your bike with the STOCK shock” a couple of days ago, so it sounds like something’s in the works.
Far as the cables-thru-bars goes I unfortunately found myself working off the same list as a buncha others here on the forums. Goes like this:

1. Make list of moderate improvments that won't cost a whole lot,
2. Total the list of "moderate" improvements and see what it ACTUALLY costs,
3. Press Lifealert like a sunofabitch and hope to hell someone gets there with a defibrillator before it's too late,
4. Reluctantly concede to financial realities and bump half the mods you ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE this year to the list of stuff you ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE next year lol.

So, upshot is no cables-thru-bars this year. Trying to narrow down to a few more things I wanna do this year and what else will have to wait. Amazing how damned difficult it is to live without something I didn't even think of till a month ago :rolleyes:

Btw yer bike is lookin' killer!! Even better in person than in pics; that air intake as we talked about was *definitely* the way to go. Gotta say also I really like troy's throttlebody cover ... again, in person really looks good; highlights the V-twin really well, and shows off the SS cables going down into the throttlebody.

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
I agree Tony, I got rid of the smoked lenses and moved the license plate. Here is what I ended up with...
richard,got my new sidelight today.i thought i was doing something diff with my rear fender till i saw yours.you beat me to it you raskle.very nice job.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2 votes seperate the winner from a tie :D This is a close one! Voting ends tomorrow :D

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
2 votes seperate the winner from a tie :D This is a close one! Voting ends tomorrow :D
As of this post they are tied.. 24 to 24... hmm...
You never answered my post above, if they tie, do they both get FOM?:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.