Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

I hate posting about something that is probably already somewhere on here, but I couldn't find any info when searching about the vtx-treme 10 degree triple tree set up.

On their website they have the option for 8 or 10 degrees. I wanted to know if anyone on here had gotten the 10 and how is it and what are some things I need to consider if I go this route.

Their website doesn't give much info. I can't even tell how long of a fork extension comes with the kit.

Also as a side note, what happened to that FAQ portion that used to be on here, that was very helpful for new owners.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
HONDA FURY FAQ, it's still there in search.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Good morning everyone,

I hate posting about something that is probably already somewhere on here, but I couldn't find any info when searching about the vtx-treme 10 degree triple tree set up.

On their website they have the option for 8 or 10 degrees. I wanted to know if anyone on here had gotten the 10 and how is it and what are some things I need to consider if I go this route.

Their website doesn't give much info. I can't even tell how long of a fork extension comes with the kit.

Also as a side note, what happened to that FAQ portion that used to be on here, that was very helpful for new owners.
10° trees require either a 23"/26" front wheel OR you have to cut and rake your neck an additional 3°-4° to keep your trail numbers correct..... Darryl from VTXtreme will NOT sell you the 10° trees with out first verifying that you have one of the above options.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10° trees require either a 23"/26" front wheel OR you have to cut and rake your neck an additional 3°-4° to keep your trail numbers correct..... Darryl from VTXtreme will NOT sell you the 10° trees with out first verifying that you have one of the above options.

I thought you needed a bigger tire. Thank you. Think I'll start saving up for the 8 degree kit.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Reactions: Kbuskill

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this is an old post, Tell me in clear terms, what would happen if I used a 10 degree tree with 4" extensions, and kept the 21" stock wheel. I'm not sure what trail numbers are. I hear that I need to get a 23" or bigger wheel. Doesn't a 23" wheel only raise your front axel an inch? Is the steering going to be squirrely (over responsive)? I can understand that sending a smaller wheel that's raked out into a pot hole, is going to hit harder. Seems like somebodies trying to sell wheels and tires, and fenders.

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Trail is a factual scientific calculation that's been around since they've been making things with two wheels. Just do a Google search. Tons of info.
Screenshot_20200428-113530_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
10° trees and 4" extensions with a 21" front wheel would give you a negative trail number.

With too little or negative trail the bike will handle with extreme ease at low speeds, but will be completely out of balance at high speed. It will easily develop a fatal high-speed wobble.

Imagine having a shopping carts front caster on the front end of your bike.

Lowering the rear of the bike will gain back some trail but not enough which is why the larger front wheel is used to lift the front of the bike and regain more rake and trail.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you for your responses. What speed does extreme ease, become fatal wobble (roughly)? I'm almost 60 and ride very conservatively when I ride at all. I just got my Fury a couple months ago, (my sixth bike) I haven't had it out of fourth gear. Mostly around town. I have had bikes with apes that you couldn't take both hands off the grips because the bars would start oscillating. It wasn't a deal breaker for me. Would going with the 8 degree tree solve this? Thanks again, Scott in Fla.

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
You can run 8° with a 21. You're supposed to lower the rear, but I think there are quite a few people that haven't. I have 8's, 3" extensions, and a 21" wheel, but I also have air ride to lower rear.
20141107_162350.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I grew up when there was some very radical choppers on the road, all home made, and not much regard for geometry or physics. I'm surprised they were able to ride them at all , fact is , they did. However, I'll draw from ya'lls experience and go with the 8's, and look into lowering rear suspension. Thanks for the advise. " your bike looks sweeeet" Scott in Fla.

·
Premium Member
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
83 Posts
I thought you needed a bigger tire. Thank you. Think I'll start saving up for the 8 degree kit.
I put the 8 deg on my 2019. With 3" extension and 2" rise on the bars. I am 5ft 7. Love how it fits now. Good luck.

·
Registered
692 Posts
the 8* trees is plenty. the turning radius is a lot different than stock with the 8* trees, so i can imagine 10* being worse. i started to do 10* & cut the frame to keep my 21" wheel, but now i'm glad i didn't. yeah, 10* cut frame looks sweet as fuk, but can also be a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Holy F something went wrong there...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts