Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dealer to see how the seat fit and walked in to this!
They said the bike is to nice to be in the back with the rest of the bikes!:D
There is still a gap between the seat and fender. Any suggestions on filling the gap? That's as low as the seat can be pushed down. Any more and the holes for mounting won't line up.
It's really not bad but it is bothering me. Am I being too picky? Also I have the 1" extenders for the mirrors but I did not put them on. THEY ARE A MUST with these mirrors from demon cycles. Without them the mirrors are useless. Thanks for the advice Dave Mahre!
I am waiting to get the bike home to install the Reaper front fender, black ignition cover, strut covers, and new "BLADE" front signals from RAW! I also bought black pin stripe from "auto zone" and black touch up paint to cover the red stripe on the front tire.
Just not sure which I should use? Suggestions please? I'm not sure if the paint would stay on just going over the red stripe with out any kind of prep?
Thanks

Notice the gap between the fender and seat?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I agree with you about the seat. I wouldn't be caught dead on that thing. JK!!! Bike looks incredible! I cat wait to see it with the reaper on. I've got the same mirrors being rewired right now. Couple of questions, where are you getting your extenders and which ones? Also does your mirrors function as lights also? I was hoping to get mine to only fucntion as turn signals.

Lookin fwd to seeing your next pics!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
For your red stripes, go to ebay and search "rim stripes". Then just black ones to put over the red. Cost you about $20 and it will look flawless. I did this to put red rim stripes on my Ninja. You get 4 curved pieces per rim. Really easy to do, and they last.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you about the seat. I wouldn't be caught dead on that thing. JK!!! Bike looks incredible! I cat wait to see it with the reaper on. I've got the same mirrors being rewired right now. Couple of questions, where are you getting your extenders and which ones? Also does your mirrors function as lights also? I was hoping to get mine to only fucntion as turn signals.

Lookin fwd to seeing your next pics!
YES! The mirrors are signals and running lights. Along with the regular front sigs. So all 4 will be running lights and the regular signals will flash when turning along with the mirrors. There is also a cool little tiny red dot that flashes in the mirror to remind you the signal is on.
As far as the extenders go Dave Mahre sent me a link to them on ebay a couple months ago. I don't have it any more. I'll se what I can find though.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For your red stripes, go to ebay and search "rim stripes". Then just black ones to put over the red. Cost you about $20 and it will look flawless. I did this to put red rim stripes on my Ninja. You get 4 curved pieces per rim. Really easy to do, and they last.
Excellent!! That's great because I was shure I would screw up trying to but the pin striping on curving around the tire!
THANKS EX!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
YES! The mirrors are signals and running lights. Along with the regular front sigs. So all 4 will be running lights and the regular signals will flash when turning along with the mirrors. There is also a cool little tiny red dot that flashes in the mirror to remind you the signal is on.
As far as the extenders go Dave Mahre sent me a link to them on ebay a couple months ago. I don't have it any more. I'll se what I can find though.
I appreciate the link. Was it possible to wire up the mirrors to be signals only and not drl's? I was wondering if it would cause any issues with the rears if the front drls were basically disconnected. You know how some cars with a burnt out turn signal will make the other either blink real fast or not blink at all.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
Went to the dealer to see how the seat fit and walked in to this!
They said the bike is to nice to be in the back with the rest of the bikes!:D
There is still a gap between the seat and fender. Any suggestions on filling the gap? That's as low as the seat can be pushed down. Any more and the holes for mounting won't line up.
It's really not bad but it is bothering me. Am I being too picky? Also I have the 1" extenders for the mirrors but I did not put them on. THEY ARE A MUST with these mirrors from demon cycles. Without them the mirrors are useless. Thanks for the advice Dave Mahre!
I am waiting to get the bike home to install the Reaper front fender, black ignition cover, strut covers, and new "BLADE" front signals from RAW! I also bought black pin stripe from "auto zone" and black touch up paint to cover the red stripe on the front tire.
Just not sure which I should use? Suggestions please? I'm not sure if the paint would stay on just going over the red stripe with out any kind of prep?
Thanks

Notice the gap between the fender and seat?

you can slip the cover off and do what they call break the back on the seatpan.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the link. Was it possible to wire up the mirrors to be signals only and not drl's? I was wondering if it would cause any issues with the rears if the front drls were basically disconnected. You know how some cars with a burnt out turn signal will make the other either blink real fast or not blink at all.
I know what your saying.
I'm by no means am a wiring guy but when I talked to the dealer I told them "I want to be seen so I want all the lights to be running lights front and back!"
The told me they can wire it up any way I want them too! So mirrors and sigs flash in the front and half the led strip flashes along with the sig in back.
Also when I am breaking my LED strip along with the signals are break lights!
That's right! I had them wire the rear sigs to work as running, turn, AND BREAK LIGHTS!
So I think you can wire it how ever you want?
I'm gonna see if I can;t find that link for you.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
460!
This crossed my mind. I thought of cutting the back in one or two spots. But my concern was having to actually push the back of the pan forward so it would still line up with the mounting holes. Then I would have the back of the pan sticking forward? If that makes sense? How would I secure the fiberglass after I cut it?
I may just have to try it?
Any more suggestions people?

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Mrbyber, the black pinstripe you bought at auto-zone works perfectly fir hiding the pinstripe and it's less expensive than the pre-cut ones. It only takes about 15 minutes to do both wheels, and it's not difficult. Just peel and stick on the rim then peel as you go around the stripe. Unroll it with one hand as you go and guide it with your other hand. I did mine and I promise you it's very simple, and inexpensive. Bike looks good man!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mrbyber, the black pinstripe you bought at auto-zone works perfectly fir hiding the pinstripe and it's less expensive than the pre-cut ones. It only takes about 15 minutes to do both wheels, and it's not difficult. Just peel and stick on the rim then peel as you go around the stripe. Unroll it with one hand as you go and guide it with your other hand. I did mine and I promise you it's very simple, and inexpensive. Bike looks good man!
O.K,
I'm going to try this first. What do you think about going over it with the touch up paint instead? I was thinking the red may bleed threw or just start to flake off over a short period of time?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here ya go JATO!
I saved the message Dave sent me with the link

Chrome Mirror Extender Adapter Fury Shadow VTX1300 VTX - eBay (item 270588573950 end time Feb-28-11 09:21:05 PST)

These are needed because the arm is short on these mirrors and the mirrors themselves just don't adjust high enough to be functional without the extenders.
When I sat on the bike I was looking in the mirror with it adjusted all the way up and I was looking at the floor 10' behind me. I have risers too!
Granted I am 6' 5" tall but Dave is average height and it seems he also feels they are needed?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
How long did it take for you to get those extenders? I see they're in hong knog.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Run the bike to an upholstery shop, and see if they can make a collar to fill in the gap. :)
HEY OLD BUDDY!!!
Probably the best route to take! I know just the place too.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How long did it take for you to get those extenders? I see they're in hong knog.
I know they were shipped within 24hrs. I think it only took about 8 days to get to my door!
No problems. There exactly as described and the same as the picture.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
Run the bike to an upholstery shop, and see if they can make a collar to fill in the gap. :)
what mentol said.it would probly look good with a small collar.if you do break it,you can use epoxy to glue it back.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey mrbyber
I was going to say the same as mental only place a small RED LED strip inside the collar & run it only for extra brake light! Other than that your bike looks awesome brother!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Hay MrByber, I was going to say the same thing as Diesel747, run an LED in the collar, and make the collar out of exotic skin. :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts