Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if you do the tony mod can you still use the rear tail light assembly or do you have to change it. Help please any suggestions.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Does anybody know if you do the tony mod can you still use the rear tail light assembly or do you have to change it. Help please any suggestions.
MFR Just Preformed The T-Mod And The Shock Mod And I Still Have The Factory Beaver Tail (Not For Long) And There Is No Issues What So Ever. Mike Is Skilled And Will Tell You If He Sees Any Issues With Any Other Mods You May Have Already Preformed. Do It... It Changes The Look And The Ride For The Better...:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the angle of the stock light. it seems that it will be on a different angle and would shine different. may be the light would shine downwards. instead of been parallel to ground. what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I too just had the T-mod and shock mod done.It does change the angle a little bit but it's not a problem,still very visible from behind.The NEW STANCE it's gives you is well worth it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I done both and the beaver tail did not fit under the fender. gess i went to far
but how can you, go to low.
ike miller

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
All you guys with the T-Mod done, can anyone give a write up? I've asked several times, still nothing, yet more and more are being done... I don't get it.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
What don't you get?:confused:

Removing the beaver tail license plate holder, or changing to a RAW tail light causes the rear of the fender to expose the rear tire more. Much like a dirt bike look.

While the L & M spring can lower the ride height, the T-Mod bends the fender frame down in more align with the tire radius

Concentric

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
What don't you get?:confused:

Removing the beaver tail license plate holder, or changing to a RAW tail light causes the rear of the fender to expose the rear tire more. Much like a dirt bike look.

While the L & M spring can lower the ride height, the T-Mod bends the fender frame down in more align with the tire radius

Concentric
I think Predator means that he doesn't get why someone else doesn't do a write up since he has asked so many times and so many people are having it done.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I think Predator means that he doesn't get why someone else doesn't do a write up since he has asked so many times and so many people are having it done.
I think so too. Maybe MFR can do a complete write up when he gets settled after the 'road trip' as he has done these repeatedly and has come across the 'quirks' with the C&C seat, etc. No offense to Tony (nothing but praise for this guy) but MFR has done a variety with and without other lowering mods.
I agree that a writeup should be done very soon. MFR, do you agree????

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
All you guys with the T-Mod done, can anyone give a write up? I've asked several times, still nothing, yet more and more are being done... I don't get it.
Hey Predator, I been busy with this trip, I have pics to post that are more in depth when I get back to Indy. Sorry for the delay.

MFR

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Simple answer is the more you pull out, the better the possibility that you will need to replace the stock tail. I had just over a 1/4" taken out, and i was rubbing the stock tail like crazy. I ended up making my own rear tail light becuase i cant see paying $300+ for a LED tail that half of it keeps burning out.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
cb who did the mod for you? im looking for someone in the area that can do it for me... i thought about pulling out my lcr and throwing a couple in this guy last night that was breaking balls about the gap in the fender....

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
MFR did mine today. Will post pics and info on mod thread, but I will say this MFR knows his stuff so if I was going to attempt to do this myself (which I never would) I would most definately wait to see his post

·
Registered
287 Posts
MFR did mine today. Will post pics and info on mod thread, but I will say this MFR knows his stuff so if I was going to attempt to do this myself (which I never would) I would most definately wait to see his post
I Have To Agree With That... I Am A Certified Welder And I Did Not Want To Perform This Mod To My Baby Myself.... But After Hearing The Reviews And Everything From Others About Mikes (MFR) Work Ethic And What Not... I Knew That If I Had Any Chance Of Getting This Mod Done By Him, I Had Better Jump All Over It... OK Mike This Is Like Three Post In A Row With Nothing But Praises About You And The T-Mod... So When Is That Endorsement Check Gonna Show Up:D

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
cb who did the mod for you? im looking for someone in the area that can do it for me... i thought about pulling out my lcr and throwing a couple in this guy last night that was breaking balls about the gap in the fender....
I had a friend down here work on JetBlue who has a shop. Thing is, he only works during the week. He charged me $60 for about an hours work. Its really not that hard to do, just measure twice and cut. But do take into consideration the cut itself. The section that was pulled out on mine was 1/4" in width, but we ended up going a little wider not taking into account the width of the saw blade. Thats why i couldnt ride with out rubbing the tail.

Im now tossing around the idea of sectioning the rear fender to get it to lay a little better on the rear rails.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts