Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My self and a few others are wondering how the cobra swept would sound with part of the baffle cut out.
From what I gather it just doesn't sound good if they are completely removed?
Is there anyone out there that can post a video up with, lets say half baffles in? I am sure it would be greatly appreciated by all.
Thank you!:D

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Agreed... enough talk... show what the differences is on a comparative scale... show us your vid's (preferably not from a phone unless it got good reviews as far as recording the sound quality goes on it's vids...)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have a video of it at idle and revved with cut cobra baffles in, I still havent had time to get a video of my homemade baffles which a lot of people say sounds really good. I did let a friend ride it the other day so I could hear them but he didnt get into the throttle much so I couldnt get the full effect. On a side note, the same friend is a die hard Harley fan and he said he really liked the way the Fury looked and rode.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
OK the video of the cut cobra baffles will be posted in about 20 minutes when it finishes uploading to youtube. My baffles are cut a little different from Dave's but I will bring them home from work tomorrow and put up some pics.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Its movie time!!!!!

I would say that it is a 30-40% volume increase over stock baffles and a good sound level for those who want a little more but not go all the way to no baffles.

I will try to get the video of my baffles tomorrow or over the weekend, they are about a 60-70% increase over stock on a scale of no baffles being a 100% increase if that makes sense.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its movie time!!!!!

YouTube - Fury - Modified Cobra swept baffles

I have no clue how to embed video on this site.

I would say that it is a 30-40% volume increase over stock baffles and a good sound level for those who want a little more but not go all the way to no baffles.

I will try to get the video of my baffles tomorrow or over the weekend, they are about a 60-70% increase over stock on a scale of no baffles being a 100% increase if that makes sense.
BIG JOHN.
Thanks a million!!
That was perfect! What was even better is right next to your video was another video of the older gentleman with the hat on and the stock swept. I watched that one immediately afterward. No comparison!
NOW, I am cutting them. Thanks again! Excellent!:D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
You will really like them if you want more sound but not as loud as straights. Like I said, these are cut a little different then Dave's so I am not sure how the two versions compare.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Finally made a couple of videos of my homemade baffles, one with the bike sitting still and one with it going down the road and back. The videos are uploading now and I will probably start a new thread with a little more descriptive title so it will be easier to find.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Let me tell you first hand. The video does not do the baffle cut justice. I heard what they sound like with full baffles then I read Dave's cut baffle. I must say its not obnoxiously loud at all. Its perfect and I am definitely happy with my choice on these pipes. I have got about a thousand compliments on the looks alone. The other thousand was for the looks and sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts