Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a custom speedo insert from webslinger.com. When i recieved it the window that goes over the mileage guage was badly scratched. I informed them of this and was issued a refund. I informed them that i didn't want a refund, i wanted the piece but save the scratches for someone else. The response i got was as follows...

"After the extensive process I went thru to get the first one – I’m not sure I can send anything that will meet your standards – I’m undecided as to my inclination to try again."

Yes, when i pay for something i expect it to not be damaged upon arrival. I read nothing about scratches in a very visable area in the product description. I'm not talking little nics, this would be very visable when looking at the speedo. Call me nuts for expecting a shred of quality control...

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I for one found Webslinger to be great to work with, sent a perfect part NO complaints ...:D

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Sorry to hear it Kenney, I also had very good luck with dealing with him. I can't remember his name and maybe someone else could add it but I would call him personally and explain the situation to him.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, i don't know what this guy's deal is, i heard nothing but glowing reviews from others on here. Bad day or something i guess. His latest reply gave me the giggles.....

"Ordinarily – I would replace no questions asked – has nothing to do with the product –

It’s you I have a problem dealing with – If you think I need your business – (or anyone else for that matter) – your mistaken

If you can obtain this product elsewhere – feel free to do so – I don’t “need” or desire “your” patronage"

OUCH....Apparently finding a fault in his products does not sit well lol I'll close my eyes and accept it next time i suppose....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Stiring The Pot

Yea, i don't know what this guy's deal is, i heard nothing but glowing reviews from others on here. Bad day or something i guess. His latest reply gave me the giggles.....

"Ordinarily – I would replace no questions asked – has nothing to do with the product –

It’s you I have a problem dealing with – If you think I need your business – (or anyone else for that matter) – your mistaken

If you can obtain this product elsewhere – feel free to do so – I don’t “need” or desire “your” patronage"

OUCH....Apparently finding a fault in his products does not sit well lol I'll close my eyes and accept it next time i suppose....
It Sounds To The Untrained Ears That You May Have Said Something To Pi$$ In His Wheaties... It Looks Like He Would Have Taken Care Of The Issue, He Still Might If You Figure Out What You May Have Said To Get The Response You Posted Here... Figure Out Where You May Have Went Wrong And Correct If Possible, He Might Correct The Error. After All, Everybody Has A Bad Day Now And Then.
Just My Thoughts:D

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
He's just a guy who makes these at home, It is a little side buissness thats why he can pick and choose :cool: He really is a nice guy and wants to be helpful....Just don't pee in his breakfast..lol....:eek:

·
Registered
835 Posts
The guy is tempremental for sure. We had a similar experience when we ordered the speedo replacement for my husband's Raider. The first one was really scratched and had bubbles in it. We got the same canned answer. "It's as good as it gets...I'll refund your money." He did send a replacement at no charge and the scratches were not visible, but the bubbles were. We "Show" our bikes and were very disappointed; however, once under glass, the imperfections are not that noticable. He is the only one making these and his process could use some improvement, but his ego is fragile! He loves all the positive responses but hates to be called out on quality. I guess there are plenty of patrons for him that are not as annal as we are. LOL!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

Yes, everybody has a bad day... since he seems like he's a one man operation with this, could of just been his day or something.

Blue Dragon, bubbles too are also to get out with a needle...

He's just a guy who makes these at home, It is a little side buissness thats why he can pick and choose :cool: He really is a nice guy and wants to be helpful....Just don't pee in his breakfast..lol....:eek:
Yea, he's like the soup Nazi with speedo's... lol... :(

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not sure if it is the same kind of part, but doesn't Low and Mean make these also?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Not sure if it is the same kind of part, but doesn't Low and Mean make these also?
Think they get theirs from him... don't think that has ever been confirmed though, but... most likely true.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Think they get theirs from him... don't think that has ever been confirmed though, but... most likely true.
Yes, they get them from Webslinger too. I'm running one from Low and Mean and so is my husband. Quality seems better on these than the first ones we got directly from Webslinger....not sure if he paid more attention to detail because it was a "dealer" or just luck! LOL!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Soup Nazi indeed... I see that i am not alone in my dealings with him, that is refreshing. I attempted to cut out the scratched site glass area with an exacto knife, didn't turn out all bad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts