Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a Webslinger Speedo Face but would like to find out first what it's like at night? Can anyone who has one fitted tell me if the illumination the same as the original speedo face? Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
per RSS
Yea, this one is the one he helped me out with... The numbers are key, have to have some kind of shadowing around it. The first one I got, did not have shadowing and it was harder to see the numbers at night, just an FYI.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
per RSS
Yea, this one is the one he helped me out with... The numbers are key, have to have some kind of shadowing around it. The first one I got, did not have shadowing and it was harder to see the numbers at night, just an FYI.
Thanks for that. I'll make sure that I ask for that to be done when I order it. Did you have any trouble recalibrating the speedo (getting the needle in the right place after it all went back together)?

·
Registered
970 Posts
I had some trouble getting the needle back in took me more tries then most I think somewhere around 7 times to get it perfect but after the first time popping off the needle it comes off really easy. My trouble was I kept turning it popping it off so I was really off a couple times. But its really easy just when you push the fork under only go halfway under it Stpete did a really nice write up on it, I will post a link to it.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-diy-area/6411-speedometer-speedo-faceplate-replacement.html

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had some trouble getting the needle back in took me more tries then most I think somewhere around 7 times to get it perfect but after the first time popping off the needle it comes off really easy. My trouble was I kept turning it popping it off so I was really off a couple times. But its really easy just when you push the fork under only go halfway under it Stpete did a really nice write up on it, I will post a link to it.
Thanks again for the info. Doesn't sound hard, just fiddly I guess. I look forward to the link if you can find it (I did a search for Stpete but couldn't find anything). Cheers

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's what mine looks like w/out illumination, and with. Hope it helps ya
That looks great! Thanks for the pics. Did you ask Webslinger to "shade the numbers" or is that just how they come normally?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Just one more note....you won't find anyone better to work with than Webslinger. He is an excellent vendor, you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just one more note....you won't find anyone better to work with than Webslinger. He is an excellent vendor, you won't be disappointed!
That's not a bad recommendation. Are you on commission? LOL:D:D:D

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
My wife didn't ask for mine to be shaded around the numbers either, mine has a black background, I have no issues seeing it at night. I never actually worked with Webslinger, as my speedo face plate was an xmas gift. He worked with my wife and I'm sure that was a chore since she has no idea what to ask for. He walked her through the whole process and made it very simple. Great guy to work with, highly recommended.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts