Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is something that just popped up for me...I keep hearing people talk about a specified weight limit for the fury, is there an actual weight limit for the fury? I am a big boy cause I do a lot of power lifting and am pushing around 350lbs, so I need a bike that can support me, lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bad news max weight is 322 lbs.Thats why I ride solo. I`d have to cut the wife in half to stay under 322. Couldn`t decide which half to take.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wow....hate to say it, but that really puts me on the fence of buying this bike now which sucks cause it is so beautiful....but how much will an additional 25 lbs affect it i wonder

·
Premium Member
13,719 Posts
im in at 255 and my wife is 150.dosent seem to bother my bike or its handleing.keep the rubber on the ground.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blah, screw it, I will probably get the bike anyhow...will just have a custom lower look to it, hahahaha. On a serious note, I may just need to get some better shocks on this bad boy if it doesnt already have good shocks to support my big boy frame, lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm 320, mostly cause I powerlift cheeseburgers.lol. I have my shock set soft and I havent had any trouble. the bike rides like a dream. I cant talk my wife into riding. she just isnt into bikes.

·
Premium Member
13,719 Posts
I'm 320, mostly cause I powerlift cheeseburgers.lol. I have my shock set soft and I havent had any trouble. the bike rides like a dream. I cant talk my wife into riding. she just isnt into bikes.
LMAO.how do ii talk my wife into that.

·
Registered
12,408 Posts
Blah, screw it, I will probably get the bike anyhow...will just have a custom lower look to it, hahahaha. On a serious note, I may just need to get some better shocks on this bad boy if it doesnt already have good shocks to support my big boy frame, lol.
Go ahead and get it. Because of my cheeseburger fetish, I'm at least 340, probably more. I've never adjusted my shock and the only time I've ever had a problem is when I rode over some really rough train tracks one time, and it bottomed out on me. Other than that one time, no problems. I'm sure the bike can take a bit more than the 322 pounds. Mine has.

·
Registered
889 Posts
it'll handle your weight and more. just be careful throwing the bike into turns until you learn how the pegs drag and when. also going over bumps as previously mentioned. if you have any problems. adjust the rear shock. i'm close to 200 and i've carried passengers that were well over 300. the turns werent bad with all that weight but stay away from the speedbumps and potholes!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Another thing to do is stiffen up the rear shock if you're going to carry a big passenger, this will make the ride more uncomfortable, but will help bottoming out the bike on big bumps. I weight around 210, my girl weighs around 125-130 or so she says... so 340 give or take, and I stiffen up the ride a few clicks b4 I know that she's going to ride with me, then it makes for a better ride. Weight limit is non-existent with most people... even a bigger rider, where your weight will be in the center of the bike and has more load distributing factors there. Anyways, my 2 cents..

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Late to the conversation due to being new to this bike, I have a question on this further since the ride adjustment thread is separate ...

I'm looking to have someone on my ride once in awhile and the two of us together will top out around 380 (post pig-out before we have to ride back home).

Do I need to make adjustments to the standard settings of the Spring Pre-Load and/or Suspension Damping? Or, should I just leave well enough alone 'til I find a situation where we're bottoming out?

Thanks for you patience.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Late to the conversation due to being new to this bike, I have a question on this further since the ride adjustment thread is separate ...

I'm looking to have someone on my ride once in awhile and the two of us together will top out around 380 (post pig-out before we have to ride back home).

Do I need to make adjustments to the standard settings of the Spring Pre-Load and/or Suspension Damping? Or, should I just leave well enough alone 'til I find a situation where we're bottoming out?

Thanks for you patience.
QQ, where are your controls set at now? Do you have the L&M spring or not...? Have you messed with it at all?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
QQ, where are your controls set at now? Do you have the L&M spring or not...? Have you messed with it at all?
Haven't changed the spring and haven't diddled with the settings from the dealership. That's why I'm asking before I f**k somethin' up. ;)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Haven't changed the spring and haven't diddled with the settings from the dealership. That's why I'm asking before I f**k somethin' up. ;)
I've ridden with a passenger who brought the total weight to around 500lbs. I'm 200 and she was a BIG girl. I had stock suspension and no adjustments were made. Turns required a lot more care as the pegs scraped VERY easily with that much weight. Speedbumps and potholes were a nightmare on the frame. I'd say based on the weight you've told us, you'll probably be fine as long as you're not riding too hard in the turns. I'd say to try it out and be careful. If you notice you're scraping pegs in the turns more often than you'd like, then maybe try adjusting the rear a little stiffer. But as it is, you're only going to be about 80lbs over the weight limit of the bike. Probably not enough that you'll notice a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
13,719 Posts
I gather here that we are forming our own HEAVY WEIGHT CLUB :) but I don't give a crap... Now where did I put those cheeseburgers

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I've ridden with a passenger who brought the total weight to around 500lbs. I'm 200 and she was a BIG girl. I had stock suspension and no adjustments were made. Turns required a lot more care as the pegs scraped VERY easily with that much weight. Speedbumps and potholes were a nightmare on the frame. I'd say based on the weight you've told us, you'll probably be fine as long as you're not riding too hard in the turns. I'd say to try it out and be careful. If you notice you're scraping pegs in the turns more often than you'd like, then maybe try adjusting the rear a little stiffer. But as it is, you're only going to be about 80lbs over the weight limit of the bike. Probably not enough that you'll notice a huge difference.
Thanks RyGuy00.

A friend of mine also said that manufacturers cover their asses by lowballing the weight limit by a huge amount (like 1/2 of actual).

I'll leave well enough alone 'til I need to make adjustments.
The old adage: "if it ain't broke, break it" will be followed ;-)>

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Okay, like the others said, when you have a passenger on this ride, take care on turns and bumps... While the passenger is on board, I would raise up the shock (the one under the right side cover) to about 3/4 to full ride (closer to the high marking). This will maximize the amount of shock that you get and will allow you to ride with more weight on there.

BTW, if I didn't state this earlier, the weight limit on these bikes are for legal purposes only. They are not a true maximum weight these bikes can handle, especially with the example that ryguy00 pointed out :p If you ever get in a wreck and it is caused by the weight that you put on the bike, Honda cannot be held liable (it's basically their FU clause). That is basically what the weight limit is on there for.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts