Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody.... welcome to Fury Forums! Looks like I'm one of the first people here... but its exciting to know all of us Honda Fury owners have a place to hang-out now!

Why don't we all post up some info....

Name
How you picked your username?
Where you are located?
Do you own a Fury or just looking for info?
Age (if you want to share) ?
Past Bikes you've owned
Favorite Riding Spot

·
Registered
30 Posts
Name: John
Username: FURYUS (kind of like Furious)
Ownership: Planning to buy one with the help of this forum
Past Bikes: Honda VTX
Favorite Riding Spot: anywhere along the oceanside

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the welcome man...

Name is Ross,
I dont know... Im a big fan of choppers
Upstate New York... lots of open roads
I hope to own one. I think they are awesome.
Im young enough to date your daughters but old enough that you dont want me to lol2006 Honda Shadow Sabre
Anywhere there is some open road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was going to start a new thread, but the hell with it... I will just post here.

Alex
I studder, naw just pulling your let. was actually just listing to the song.
New Hampshire
obviously not yet.
Whats with all you Honda guys? Yamaha V Star
Throught the mountains out to the ocean...

·
Registered
27 Posts
My name is Mike
Sunny S. Calif. where some great roads are.
Very seriously looking into a Fury, love the look.
52 years old and riding since school, so too many bikes to list, first bike was a Kawasaki 175, second one was a Suzuki GT550, a 2-stroke triple that I put 88,000 miles on that is a lot for a 2-stroke, back to Kawa, then my Yamaha phase with 2 Yamies and my last bike was a Victory Vegas, would still own that and be happy with it but a socder mom had other ideas, was looking at getting another Vic this month...waiting to learn more about the Fury. All my dirt bikes have been Honda's for some reason, had many of those.

Any place the road is if on a street bike and if on a dirt bike, anyplace the dirt is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Chuck from Sedalia, Mo. age 54 been riding since I was 19. First bike was a 175 Kawasaki which I rode to the Ozark Music rock festival summer of 1974. Currently riding a 2000 Valkyrie Tourer which I purchased new. I am the Mo State Rep for the VRCC(Valkyrie Riders Cruiser Club). I am very interested in the new Fury and will be anxious to see the real thing. The Valkyrie is still going strong but Im thinking about something else in the near future. I would like to hear from someone after they get one to hear their thoughts.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Name: Josh
Seriously considering a Fury!
I currently own a 2005 RC51 with Sato high mounts and some other goodies, I've been riding motorcyles since I was 8 and raced motocross for a few years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kool..always used it since I got on the web
Canada, Ontario, Newmarket..north of Toronto
Just looking..so far
My present bike is a 07 Buell lightning XB12Ss
Ride any road as long as it gets me where I'm going.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My name is Dave, I am 34 years old and live in Little Rock, Arkansas. A couple of friends gave me the nickname of T-Rexx, not for anything really cool, it was because I had a big head and short arms. My first bike was an 85 Honda interceptor, followed by an 02 R6, and a 94 VTX 1100. Now I just have to wait until April to get on the fury. Although I do not really care for Arkansas, there are some nice roads here.

One of the best rides I have been on is a set of roads called the snake in eastern Tennessee. The ride through the mountains there is increadible. I hope to find some better ones when I head to New York this summer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Name- Ty
How you picked your username? its my name. lol
Where you are located? pocatello Idaho
Do you own a Fury or just looking for info? not yet but will
Age (if you want to share) ? 27
Past Bikes you've owned: shadow, r1, cbrrr
Favorite Riding Spot -yellowstone national park, jackson hole, sun valley

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello to Everyone! Glad I found this forum.

Name: Kris
Username: Gulftech (have always used it)
Ownership: Hope to own a Fury soon!
Past Bikes: Lots of Hondas - dirt and road, two wheels and four
Favorite Riding Spot: New England, but I plan on riding the Dragons Tail in TN.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Name:
Robert Hilario

How you picked your username?
I was given the nickname "cork" when I was but a toddler because I would sit indian style and shoot up in the air like a champagne cork. "inSA" is because I am from San Antonio, Texas.

Where you are located?
San Antonio, Texas but currently in a SMALL base known as Camp Caldwell in Iraq as a contractor.

Do you own a Fury or just looking for info?
I was going to get a Can-Am Spyder but saw this instead. I've got my eyes on a red one.

Age (if you want to share)?
31 in May.

Past Bikes you've owned?
None yet.

Favorite Riding Spot:
When I get back I hope to ride around in Boerne, Kerrville, Helotes, etc...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, my name is Ron at 37 y/o, and I live in Eastern Connecticut with some of the most twisty and scenic roads throughout the New England countryside. I don't own a Fury and am I'm not interested in buying one any time soon but I am curious in what is has to offer. You see, I currently own a Star Roadliner S fixed up to include all the features of a Stratoliner plus some additional goodies. I believe this is truly the best bike for me because I like to ride great distances with my lady on the back and I want power and comfort. I know I'm not going to get that with a Fury, it’s targeting a different type of rider, but that does not mean I cannot appreciate the model. The power of my 113 ci v-twin, aluminum frame which immensely aids the handling characteristics has me in absolute love with my bike so don’t even try to convince me differently. I have owned a HD Dyna Wide Glide and RS Warrior before the Liner and all I can say they have all been like former girlfriends. You love them dearly at the moment in time in which they fall into your life and you love each for their own uniqueness. Why am I here? One day I plan to win Powerball and be able to afford multiple bikes. My brother in law has also always owed Hondas from Shadows to now a VTX 1300 and I can say without a doubt they have been impressive. After owning the HD then switching to metrics I can say I am definitely a self proclaimed Metric cruiser guy. Anything whether bike model, accessories, rides or rallies that helps bolster the metric market should be supported because there are countless folks that will take the marketing hype of other brands a bit too seriously.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi to all
My name is paul and i live in South Jersey
I currently own a 2008 Shadow That is also for sale.
I was at the New York show when the bike was unvaled and got to sit on it. That was all it took. I currently have a red one on order. I am 52 and usually ride with my friends who all own Bourgets. With the fury i will no longer feel out of place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Name: Duke
How you picked your username? My hobby is photographing motorcycles
Do you own a Fury or just looking for info? I will very soon!
Past Bikes you've owned: CBR's. Keeping the CBR1000RR and adding Fury for weekend around town cruising

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody, my name is Steve. Slick is a nickname that was given to me by some friends years ago. I am a 16 year old kid trapped inside a 55 year old man's body. I live in a small town 35 miles south of St.louis. I love riding the back roads here. They are paved, relatively smooth, hilly, curvy, scienic, have very little traffic and seem to go on forever. I avoid these roads after dark, because of wildlife, and then prefer to ride in town.
Bikes I've owned: Honda-CB160, CB175, 450,1100 Shadow, 1800 VTX. Suzuki-800 and 1500 Intruders. Yamaha-650 Maxim,1000 Varago, 1300 Royal Star, 1600 Road Star, 1900 Raider S (I own now). Harley-1000 Sportster, 1550 Screamin Eagle Deuce, 1550 Wide Glide. Choppers-650 Triumph, 100 cu.in.BMC (Big Mikes Choppers) Having been fortunate enough to own all these bikes I've been able to come to some sobering conclusions. 1 I may be kind of fickled. 2 Price has little or no determination on how much I will like a bike. Who would think an old school 650 Triumph chopper, built in some guy's garage,($550.00 used) would be a better bike than a new factory built $25,000.00 custom chopper. Or a $14,000.00 Yamaha Raider would out perform in every aspect a $32,000.00 hand assembled Harley CVO bike. Go figure. I now have an 08 Raider which I thought I would be riding for many years to come. This bike does everything well and the SMOOTH power and torque are remarkable. So why would I think about buying a Fury? The Fury has some of the cleanest lines I have ever seen on a production motorcycle. At this point I have invested about $2,000.00 in customizing my Raider. The list of other mods I want would run about another $4,000.00. I was about to start ordering some of these items when I came accross pics of the Fury. WAIT A MINUTE! MAYBY I NEED TO RETHINK THIS! Did I mention I may be somewhat fickled? While the Raider is an awesome bike, it does have broke up styling. It also has a lot of clutter(hoses,tubes and wires exposed) The Raider actually has more rake than the Fury(almost 40`rake on the Raider) but because of trail,frame geometry and triple tree design it dosent look nearly as chopperesqe as the Fury. I have allready seen some Fury bashing on other websights. I will never understand this. Some say the motor is to small, I have never ridden a 1300 VTX, but I believe it should be fine in this type of bike. Some don't like the radiator, I think Honda did an exellent job incorperating it between the down tubes and hiding the upper hose. The bike will not over heat in traffic on a hot day and the engine should outlast an air cooled engine. Some people don't like shaft drive, I fall into this catagory. While I prefer belt drive I have had shaft driven motorcycles and was able to drive them with very little back-lashing. Also I have to admit the shaft drive on the Fury looks better than belt guards on my Raider. My only major concern with the Fury is the 3.4 gal. gas tank. Unless this bike gets 40 to 50 mpg refueling will be frequent. I have'nt been able to see a Fury in the flesh yet, but if it's what I think it is I very well may trade my Raider(hands down the best bike I've ever owned) for one. I would probably extend the forward controlls 2 or 3 in.,taller drag bars(I like my arms parallel to the ground),exhaust, side mount lience plate, mini bullet turn signals, braided cables, maybe flames over factory paint. I recently stoped at a local dealership to ask when the Furys would arrive and see about a possible trade in for my Raider and found out they wanted $14,125.00 for a blue Fury that lists for $12,999.00. Honda has tried to keep the price some-what reasonable and the dealership tries to screw you. So now I will never buy anything from that dealership. TOO GREEDY. If I like the Furys 'in person'
and can get one for list, I will probably buy one. I've always had a thing for big breasted women and choppers. Other-wise I'll just have to keep riding my Raider(the best bike I've ever owned)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dean
How you picked your username? lotokids (because I have allot of kids(8))
Where you are located? S/E Michigan
Do you own a Fury or just looking for info? looking for info
Age (if you want to share) ? 34
Past Bikes you've owned. I have never owned a bike. Actually I'm looking for a POS to learn on. (rode dirt bike a couple times long ago). Seen the Fury and I'm now on a mission. Maybe I will have one in a year or two.
Favorite Riding Spot. Don't have one yet

·
Registered
8 Posts
New member wayne2993

How you picked your username? wayne2993 is part of my email address, makes it easy to remember

Where you are located? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do you own a Fury or just looking for info? Put down a deposit last February, on a Burgandy Fury. Four coming to our dealer and all four are sold!

Age (if you want to share) ? 62

Past Bikes you've owned. An Arail 650 (remember them?), a two Hondas and a Suzuki.

Favorite Riding Spot. I love a early morning ride down the parkway to the Tim Horton's in Orleans and then back home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Name: Kurt
How you picked your username? Louis L'Armour's character from his book and the movie "Hondo". The Cat part comes from 30 some years ago when I was agile and active in martial arts.Where you are located? SE Kansas
Do you own a Fury or just looking for info? Just looking, but very interested.Age (if you want to share) ? 53 in July
Past Bikes you've owned. 1980 Yamaha IT 425 Enduro and current bike is a 2005 Triumph Speedmaster
Favorite Riding Spot. Preferably non-interstate, two-lane winding roads. Few and far between in Kansas. SW Missouri or NW Arkansas has some very nice roads in this regard.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts