Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Sweet, what kind of products are you guys coming out for the Fury? All I see is fat tire kits for the vtx bikes :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
very soon

I am hoping to have the Dunlop 250 in my bike sometime this weekend.
the swing arm machining fixtures are done, I have already made some cuts
on my swing arm and I have the rear hubs very close.
The swing arm will for sure have to be modified and beefed-up, but It sure looks like the 250 will work. The rear fender mess of brackets will have to go away, but we have done this to the VTX's and never had an issue.
Straight up guys, my goal is to make this rear end have the sex appeal the rest of the bike has.
Just to set the record straight, the stock fender bracket measures 230mm wide to the inside on my bike. A Metz 240 on an 8.5" rim measures about 234 to 236mm at the widest points, this just isn't going to fit, so it's got to go.
I will post pixs as I go if you want....next step is the fender and seat, this will take a while, tooling a fender like this is very time consuming and it must be perfect before I am willing to move on.
Later K.P.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Damn, sounds like all the rear fender support brackets will be removed and side framework will have to be removed.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am hoping to have the Dunlop 250 in my bike sometime this weekend.
the swing arm machining fixtures are done, I have already made some cuts
on my swing arm and I have the rear hubs very close.
The swing arm will for sure have to be modified and beefed-up, but It sure looks like the 250 will work. The rear fender mess of brackets will have to go away, but we have done this to the VTX's and never had an issue.
Straight up guys, my goal is to make this rear end have the sex appeal the rest of the bike has.
Just to set the record straight, the stock fender bracket measures 230mm wide to the inside on my bike. A Metz 240 on an 8.5" rim measures about 234 to 236mm at the widest points, this just isn't going to fit, so it's got to go.
I will post pixs as I go if you want....next step is the fender and seat, this will take a while, tooling a fender like this is very time consuming and it must be perfect before I am willing to move on.
Later K.P.

Awesome work Kurt!!! For those of you who aren't in the know a Dunlop 250 is 10" WIDE!!! It's even wider then a 260 Metz!!! those are really big numbers your going after:) Keep up the good job, should be interesting!

I never liked the Fury's rear fender anyway, get rid of it and put something on that goes with the lines of the bike better.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm gonna be patient for this one! Thank god I didn't get rims like I was anticipating! Maybe I will have to opt for an 8.5 instead of stock! :D Hey K.P.!!! This may sound stupid but would you possibly think that the fender you will fabricate could carry our women for a ride from time to time? Not that mine goes very often but still does? That would be good to know this way if she can't I can let her down gently!!! :cool:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm gonna be patient for this one! Thank god I didn't get rims like I was anticipating! Maybe I will have to opt for an 8.5 instead of stock! :D Hey K.P.!!! This may sound stupid but would you possibly think that the fender you will fabricate could carry our women for a ride from time to time? Not that mine goes very often but still does? That would be good to know this way if she can't I can let her down gently!!! :cool:
Passengers have NEVER been a problem with our fenders...quick lesson- The key to a strong fiberglass fender is part thickness, you must have a thick part to have a strong part, plus we add some core material in the passenger area.
by the way, 250 dunny in already in, post pic in a few:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
SWEET! :cool:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Passengers have NEVER been a problem with our fenders...quick lesson- The key to a strong fiberglass fender is part thickness, you must have a thick part to have a strong part, plus we add some core material in the passenger area.
by the way, 250 dunny in already in, post pic in a few:D:D:D
So where are the pics???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts