Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i truely am retarded on some days.... i got some scratches on my fender and tank from one of my kids or one of there friends this weekend.... well since i paint and airbrush i fugured ok ill pop them off and fix them real quick... well the color i was running i didnt have and i ran to parts house got a diffrent brand that was color matched and ass i went to repair these small areas the paint flashed and popped and totally messed up my day so i am currently water sanding all the tins as i type because i have to redo every single inch of paint so that the base matches all over......so as i am waiting for things to dry im looking at my bike completely torn down and i sit on it... i realise that with me on the back bone no seat that where i am sitting ( really low) feels like awesome in reach and in foot possition and it feels like im under the bars and not above them....so i am currently cutting down the foam even lower now leaveing less than a inch of factory foam and may add half inch memory on top in the morning... so some time tomorrow expect pics of my fury solid white with a very low slung seat ...... new mirrors new grips...and if i have the patience i may old school pin stripe the front fender and tank.... maybe... wifes car needs brakes so we see how much time i can squeeeeeeze out of tomorrow:mad:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Have you considered going with the L&M seat pan? It will get you a tad lower and look better.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
You can also glass your own, cover the bike with some plastic just outside the area you want the new seat pan covering, put down some metallic duct tape (the aluminumish stuff not the junky stuff) where the seat pan general area is, then wax the heck outa the tape and start laying fiberglass.

How To Make A Fiberglass Seat Pan

·
Registered
835 Posts
Even though you can paint your own, it is still a sad tragedy that this happened. So sorry to hear about your paint troubles! I look forward to seeing the finished product...again.
I would also recommend the L&M pan seat. My husband has the L&M pan on his Raider and it gives him a MUCH lower, meaner, look AND a better riding possition.

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok here are new pics..... notice the drop in the seat.... made a huuuuuuggggeeeee difference in ride ..wind... and its still comfortable..

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres another..........

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
paint the wheels black like uh.....now
and t-mod like......now
and a black exhaust like.....now
get to work! :p

I must say I'm not feeling the white radiator cover though.....i like it hidden and that white makes it pop!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Now that is one of a kind. Are you keeping the stock exhaust?
Concur, enthusiastically! If you're keeping the stock exhaust, at least gut it, so that it talks to ya.

Cheers

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no the exhaust is completely gutted now... but the treasurer of my club works at exhaust shop we bent mine the way i want it out of 2 5/8 and its at chromer .... wont see it for a month

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
1. i do not deserve a fine paint job like that; i'd ruin it with my carelessness
2. you are an absolute artist.
3. love the new look of the bike

yes, the white rad will show the dirt before the other tins; but, hey, it's a white bike. so be it.
love it. absolutely one of a kind--in a good way!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
love the new look, that is def sick and twisted

·
Registered
331 Posts
simply wow.

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank u young ladie... i appreciate that

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Much, much better than before. I have to give my props on this reincarnation of your ride and you are truly making a classic with your bike now. I could honestly not grasp what you did to your bike in the first go-around, but this makes much more sense in the whole arena of the bike's design and flow. Gratz bro and we are glad the bike got scratched in the first place ;)

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha....red....there may be one more change in the works on the paint...i really want green real fire so im thinking of 2 toning the paint white top black from the tank /fender line down with the green fire in the black...we see tho the wife asked me before bed when am i ever gonna just be happy with the paint and my reply was when i wake up in the mornibg and dont take my eyes off of it till i go to bed.....then i know its perfect

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Very nice!! I would imagine that since your artistic ability for paint is top notch, that your ink slingin is equally impressive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts