Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
April 16th, starting at 9-10AM. We'll call it quits when we're done, then get in a ride to the Iron Pony.

Sean's House:
844 Windy Hill Lane
Galloway, OH 43119
Email: [email protected]

I'm going to swap out my V&H Big Shots for a Fury set with an adapter I'm making myself. That's about all I'll be doing myself, unless I decide to try steering bearings.

This will be an empty two car garage with at least one workbench. I have a jack and stand and my tools will be available. Jeremy will be bringing *TWO* of his very cool stands for use which lets us have at least 3 bikes up at a time!

We can arrange parts or special tool drop offs in advance, too. Worst case, WalMart, Sears, and Harbor Freight are all within 5 miles!

All bikes and enthusiasts are welcome. I'll have food available at lunch time too.

If we get all wrapped up early, the plan is to go to Iron Pony!

If anyone wants to come over the weekend before to help get the garage ready, that would be welcome as well. And if you're coming from a bit further and want to show up Friday night, we can figure out a place to crash if you let me know in advance.

To be done:
Exhaust install
Many VTX1300 steering bearings
Raked triple tree install
New brake lines
Brake flush and fill
Multiple valve adjustments
Carb tuning
Accessory installations
And more!

Lighting order from Custom Dynamics going in next Wednesday, April 6th. I'm trying to give 10% off anything their brand, and I can give pricing on other stuff.

Attending:
BAC.94 (Fury)
BB's VTX (VTX)
Bleushark (VTX) and wife
Campbellmc73 (VTX)
D'Amico (XVS650/CL)
DeGrubb (VTX) & Lisa
Epiphysis (VTX)
Fencefixer (VTX)
Fpmadden (Fury)
Fuelit (VTX)
Gonzo1970 (VTX)
Helluvaman (Cager)
Hounddogohio (VTX)
Jetsvtx12 (VTX)
Jbass (Fury)
Jgoheen (VTX) Goheen Garage)
Jgoheen's Buddy (?)
Jones (BMW)
Jpierce575 (VTX)
Kathy (Vespa)
Kenny.patterson (VTX)
Kenny.patterson's Buddy (?)
Kycop34 (VTX)
LazyDawg (VTX) LazyDawg Customs
LazyDawg's Better Half (VStar)
Mondorah (VTX)
MyFuryRide (Fury)
N3cr0shark (VStar)
NMUCat (Fury)
Pastordave (VTX)
Richard1 (Fury)
SPyKER (VTX) SPyKER Mods

Hopeful:
Brian (HD)
Furman (VTX)
Gary (M109)
Herriott (HD)
Kgshadow (VTX)
Matt Marshall (HD) Marshall's Grandview[/URL
Mindy (Pillion)
Snush (VTX)
Stephanie (HD)
TsunamiMike (VTX) Maybe? Went down. Help him out if you can!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont need any mods, but I'll look into coming out. Nice ride down Route 40.

Not just mods, anything. At this point I've heard from at least three people who want to have neck bearings done, one who wants to change out to steel brake lines and powder coat a new tree and install it. Obviously there will also be the normal oil changes, tire checks, light checks, tuning and more. I sill am looking for a set of stock Fury pipes to use on my VTX 1300R and make a custom bracket to powder coat and install it all that day (planning a NY trip and want to tone her down). It's s great way to meet other riders, see people getting hands on and jumping in where you feel comfortable.

The "regulars" who come have done other things to their rise as well that might even give you ideas for your own ride. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Spyker,

I have a set of stock pipes I am willing to part with (I installed V & H bigshots w/ custom bracket on my Fury). I'm in Indy...message me if you are interested.

·
64 Posts
I may be able to make it as well. NMU maybe you can stop through springfield and meet up with and we can ride up together.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I only have a solo seat, sorry. I was out past your place a few times last summer. I'm guessing your only an hour or so east of me. Rt. 40 east of Springfield is a nice ride.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I only have a solo seat, sorry. I was out past your place a few times last summer. I'm guessing your only an hour or so east of me. Rt. 40 east of Springfield is a nice ride.
Jeremy is coming for about the same area. Might be able to hook up with you for the ride over. Jeff (LazyDawg) usually meets up with him on the way over, and his wife is coming too, so you guys could have a six-pack!

LazyDawg makes custom peg covers that should fit the Fury as well. I'll ask him to bring some for you guys to see.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Cool, me, NMUCat, and fpmadden will probably all come together. Might even put a shout out to MF’R, it would be a good ride for him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jeremy is coming for about the same area. Might be able to hook up with you for the ride over. Jeff (LazyDawg) usually meets up with him on the way over, and his wife is coming too, so you guys could have a six-pack!

LazyDawg makes custom peg covers that should fit the Fury as well. I'll ask him to bring some for you guys to see.
I am new to the forum, but I live right off of 40 like sean said and I would love to ride over with you guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm about a new as you can get. Don't own a motorcycle. Don't have a license. Never rode on a motorcycle. But, I've got an itch to scratch! I live in Grove City and wanted to know if this open to a rookie like me, or would I be wasting your time? Would like to see what all the hubbub is about! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm about a new as you can get. Don't own a motorcycle. Don't have a license. Never rode on a motorcycle. But, I've got an itch to scratch! I live in Grove City and wanted to know if this open to a rookie like me, or would I be wasting your time? Would like to see what all the hubbub is about! :)
Please come! It's a great way to see different makes and models, ask questions, and see how maintenance and upgrades can be done. The motorcycle community, for the most part, is a fellowship of riders and enthusiasts. You are interested, so please come!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New info posted. If anyone wanted a over mod that day, N/C on installation; price will be for DIY, but installed.

Lighting order from Custom Dynamics going in next Wednesday, April 6th. I'm trying to give 10% off anything their brand, and I can give pricing on other stuff.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts