Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm planning on having my bike repainted. I assumed i would find the color code under the seat, but i was only able to locate the code for the red (R201), im not sure if my bike is Mat black (NH105) or graphite black(NHB01) (and i honestly don't know the difference. Can you guys have a look at the pics and let me know what you think it is. (2013 model)

Sorry about the dirt and the lack of actual body parts, i hadn't expected to need the pics for your opinion
3.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Wait a minute, let me get this straight.

You want us to look at pictures of a bike, with no tins on it, and tell you what color the tins are?... lol

My crystal ball is a little fuzzy at the moment.

Seriously though, if the bike came from Honda as a two tone then I would expect both color codes to be on the sticker under the seat.

I have heard of dealerships swapping parts between bikes to make "custom" combos.

The only thing that gives me any clue as to the color of black you have is the one picture where the front fender is laying on the floor over to the far left of the pic.

My guess would be Matte Black.

There is also a thread on here somewhere that lists all the color combos by year model but I'm not sure where its at... maybe @WI_Hedgehog can post a link.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts

You want us to look at pictures of a bike, with no tins on it, and tell you what color the tins are?... lol

Seriously though, of the bike came from Honda as a two tone then I would expect both color codes to be on the sticker under the seat.

I have heard of dealerships swapping parts between bikes to make "custom" combos.

The only thing that gives me any clue as to the color of black you have is the one picture where the front fender is laying on the floor over to the far left of the pic.

There is also a thread on here somewhere that lists all the color combos by year model but I'm not sure where its at... maybe @WI_Hedgehog can post a link.
HE means the black that is on the accent pieces. I also have a 2013 red bike, it is red tins, red frame. On his the engine dress pieces and the aircleaner are now black, but that is not stock. Even the pipes came chrome on this bike and have been changed. If that is the color that we are trying to match, it will be, difficult.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In 2013 the Fury only came in 2 colors, Magna Red (R201) and Graphite black (NHB01) this was offered in both the ABS and non-ABS versions.
I'm not sure what parts you're asking about exactly, but the black bike was all black and the red one was all red (meaning fenders, tank, and frame)

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
😂😂😂😂😂☝

BTW, according to COLORRITE.COM a 2013 Fury comes in NHB01 Graphite Black and R201 Magna Red.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Seriously though, if the bike came from Honda as a two tone then I would expect both color codes to be on the sticker under the seat.

Yeah thats pretty much the purpose of this post, since i don't have a reference for the color i was hoping someone has a sharp eye or a crystal ball and can help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paint it all red and get that black fixed up and chromed. It will look at lot better then.
Are you thinking something like the below, i would go for the white though, i quite like it. The issue with changing the color is that its quite a hassle to get the paper work for it approved here!!

white.JPG
red.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The front fender & headlight are on the ground left of the blue coolers; the rear directionals, engine, handlebars, mirrors, etc. are on the bike, from the photos the parts look like rattle-can flat black.

Factory Honda Fury Colors (thread)
Thanks Hedgehog, i think im going to give Flat black a try, it'll probably work with the the engine and exhaust

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Are you thinking something like the below, i would go for the white though, i quite like it. The issue with changing the color is that its quite a hassle to get the paper work for it approved here!!

View attachment 238251 View attachment 238250
The last bike, all red. Then get all the ugly black parts chromed. Can't do much about the engine but you could polish the fins and add some pop to that black and maybe run down a chrome engine kit.

·
Registered
29 Posts

View attachment 238251 View attachment 238250
Your Honda Dealer should be able to run the VIN through Honda and it will say what the original color was. At least I can where I work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Guys,

For those of you that are interested, i have gone with a mix of color options. At first i was intending to go with Matt Black but i wasn't able to find the proper paint, i opted to go with the NHA86M (Flat Black) for the Fenders, tank, ignition, light controls and headlight, and use NHB01(Graphite black) for the engine cover, air filter and side panels. i wasn't able to paint the exhaust since i couldn't find any high temp paint. I also change the leaver color from black to red to see how that would look. I am satisfied with the overall result.

Any suggestion on what i might add to give it an extra kick?

This is the before, do you think the Matt black had a better look or is the new paint better?

I also refurbished the forks while i was at it :LOL:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Guys,

For those of you that are interested, i have gone with a mix of color options. At first i was intending to go with Matt Black but i wasn't able to find the proper paint, i opted to go with the NHA86M (Flat Black) for the Fenders, tank, ignition, light controls and headlight, and use NHB01(Graphite black) for the engine cover, air filter and side panels. i wasn't able to paint the exhaust since i couldn't find any high temp paint. I also change the leaver color from black to red to see how that would look. I am satisfied with the overall result.

Any suggestion on what i might add to give it an extra kick? View attachment 238492

View attachment 238493

View attachment 238494

View attachment 238495

This is the before, do you think the Matt black had a better look or is the new paint better?

View attachment 238496

I also refurbished the forks while i was at it :LOL:

View attachment 238497

View attachment 238498
New paint definitely!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts