Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been all over town trying on leather jackets without luck and thought i would get a consensus from you guys. The local leather/biker shops have mostly pakistani made jackets that go for around $120-220 but i'm not real impressed with the quality. Hell yesterday i broke down and bought one ($200) that seemed like it would work but as soon as i hit 50mph it was back to the store.

When trying them on i made sure to put my arms out to ensure proper sleeve length, but they all seemed to be to long overall. I like the more conservative style without all the zippers or big collars but they all would saw at my throat when zipped up.

I like what i've read about Fox Creek Leather but at around the $450 range i don't like that i can only get one via the web.

SO hopefully without out sounding like to much of a fruit, who are you wearing?:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I just bought a River Road leather jacket. It came with the removalable lining and is cut for riding. It is a good quality jacket and I am really happy with it. I paid about $150 for it at my local bike shop. I can cruise at 50mph and it feels great.

P.S. It is made in Pakistan.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I don't wear leather... however, a good site to visit is leatherup.com There stuff is pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Mine is from a company called Interstate Leather, it is pretty nice, very heavy. But I usually wear a Honda Line one made by Intersport, nylon with armour and pads. Both have zip out linings, the leather is warmer.I think I got both of them on eBay, I know I got the Honda one there (used)

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Joe Rocket - RASP Jacket
* 630 Hitena® Shell with Rock Tex™ 1050 reinforced molded TPR shoulders and elbows
* Dual Density Armor for Elbows and Shoulders
* Removable spine pad with pocket for optional C.E. spine protector
* High density padding in shoulders, elbows, and back
* Variable Flow™ ventilation system
* Free-air™ mesh torso panel with zip-on cover
* Removable insulated vest liner
* Elastic sleeve adjusters
* Sure Fit™ adjustable waistband
* 8" rear zipper for pant attachment
* Reflective stripe
View attachment 1090
JoeRocket.com

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just bought one from leatherup.com a few weeks ago I love it! Gave around $100 for it. It has removable liner and zipper vents in it. I will be getting another one for the wife.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought a set of boots and a helmet from leatherup.com and spent about 135 after shipping.

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
got mine from leatherup in 19--------.dont remember, its been to long ago.guess i will wear it 10 or 15 more years and get a new one. if i can wear it out.

·
Registered
373 Posts
As to the jacket, I am wearing my old Atlanta Falcons leather jacket for cooler weather.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I wear the Cortec black denim motorcycle jacket. Nice jacket for @$150.00
I'm limited as to what I can wear as I need tall sizes. I checked out Leatherup, and they only had like one mesh jacket in a tall size.

·
Registered
886 Posts
first of all, i would HIGHLY recommend a sportbike type jacket just so you can have the extra protection and padding. you can get one that's all black if you want the "cruiser" look. i have 2 jackets that i wear. i have an alpinestars mesh jacket for warm weather. quality is ok but not awesome. i also have an icon leather jacket with a removable liner, i wear it when it's cold and remove the liner in warm weather and wear when i plan on riding hard or going a long distance. i HAVE been down at 100mph while wearing my icon jacket (same model jacket as i have now) i didn't have a single scratch on me thanks to it and it was in pretty good shape afterwards as well. at least until the paramedics cut it off of me prior to life flight. the quality is awesome! they can be a little pricey but are worth every penny. go to a store and try them on to find your size and then check ebay and see if you can find one used. the one i have now costs $400 i got it off ebay for $200.

good choice 7point i have the neo daytona myself

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm sporting the ICON Daytona Dead Mans Hand jacket. Yes, it cost alot at $600 bucks. Awesome fit and protection in the arms, shoulders and back. I've worn it on some 90 degree days and felt fine (as long as im moving) due to well placed vents on the front and back that are closeable due to zippers. Also came with a zip out liner for the winter months. This jacket looks great and will protect well if its needed.

·
Banned
142 Posts
speed and strength jacket with protective lining/padding sewed in..very nice material..on sale for $150...I get lots of compliments, its red white and black...pics soon

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm wearing one from Papa's Leather Barn. It's buffalo leather. Has removeable liners, vent zippers,etc. The internal pockets are big enough for whatever you could think of. Warm at 70mph and 38 degrees this morning.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Jackets

I like my Power Trip Intercooler Jacket.Looks good for cruizer ridin or sport bike.Check out motorcyclesuperstore.com really good prices and free shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts