Honda Fury Forums: banner

6601 - 6620 of 6625 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
So now I have a steel braided front brake line! It was easier and quicker than I thought. How often do you get to say that about motorcycle wrenching? Thanks again Krash. I’ll test them properly on the ride in to work mañana.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
So now I have a steel braided front brake line! It was easier and quicker than I thought. How often do you get to say that about motorcycle wrenching? Thanks again Krash. I’ll test them properly on the ride in to work mañana.
Sweet! Make sure you get some daytime photos!
Not sure the difference will be noticeable (some say it is) but with that braided line there's no "expansion" of the line (which there is minimal on an OEM line anyway) so the brake might feel a bit more "solid". Not a bad thing IMO and they look good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Added performance is great in my book. I can’t say I do notice a huge difference, but they do feel more solid, especially the last little bit of a stop. It does make me feel safer in the event of an emergency. The real reason I’m switching out my lines is because they are stock. My 2010 Fury was really made in early/mid 2009. So the rubber hoses are over 10 years old. I’ve heard recommendations ranging from 2 to 4 years useful life on these. But the steel ones should last far longer, probably the life of the bike. The old ones haven’t failed yet, but I don’t want to be trying to stop from highway speeds when they do fail. The steel braided lines seem much more reliable in the long haul. Any performance increase, to me, is just a bonus. Oh, and they do look great. I must say the actual Honda steel clutch cable looks better made than the Spiegler. It’s all metal, even at the connections and end pieces, while the Spiegler has some plastic connections. But for almost half price, I’m happy. I do think they’re up to the task and will last. All the same, I’ll probably get the Honda lines for the rest (throttle and rear brake). As for daytime pics, the camera on my phone is not working, except for the wide angle. So to get a decent shot I’ll have to break out my real camera, which is a much longer process. I’ll do it soon though. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Just new oil and filter, nothing dramatic.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Front brake light switch was acting up on me. It was going in and out intermittently, so I popped in a new one today. So far, so good. People behind me can see when I’m stopping. I guess that’s a good thing? I have also noticed there’s no fluid anymore in the drain tube at the bottom of my air cleaner housing. When I put in a K&N air filter there was a pinkish oil that floated on top of the water in there for a while, which I believe is the oil coating they put on the filter element, and is normal to see for a while. Now there’s just a residue of the oil, but no water buildup for over a week. Is this normal? I used to have to empty it every few days or so. I haven’t been running more or less hard than normal. And I don’t think there’s significantly more or less humidity in the air than normal. Just hoping there isn’t a blockage in the drain tube inside the cleaner. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New headlight. Cut up the factory bracket to reuse. Was thinking of ordering another light to mount dual lights but I think I'm just gonna run one so I need to decide to run it up high like pic or lower hole, then adjust bracket accordingly to finish it off. Led's on order for the rear. That's next weeks project.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Installed a Cobra FC that I got from Loaner. Just hope that it's not raining tomorrow so I can take some test runs and tune it. Current setting are 1.5-2-2 (with PAIR removed, a K&N filter in a stock box and Ermgo slip on's no baffles)
I know I should get the ecu flashed but this will get me by while I finalize the intake and exhaust.
Next on the list is swapping out the air cleaner. Thanks to Krash helping me out with a bracket, looking at this one...

A bit smaller then the stock box while keeping a semi stock look.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I flipped past 12k miles recently, and realized I’m at one of the mile markers for scheduled maintenance. I believe I’ve done it all myself. I changed to a K&N air filter at about 8k, so it’s new enough. I checked the spark plugs - they are ok, but I cleaned them and will swap them out for new ones soon anyway (the NGK dcp7re). The crankcase breather was cleaned. Idle speed is great. I just replaced the front brake fluid last week when I put steel braided lines on. The rear brake fluid was changed at 8k. New pads on rear brakes, and the front pads are about a month old. The only things I haven’t checked are the clutch, which feels great except for an occasional notch going from 4th to 5th, and the valve clearance - which I just purchased feeler gauges to check that tonight or tomorrow. So, I’m feeling pretty good about the shape she’s in. She runs best at higher speeds of about 60 to 70 or so. Purrs like a kitten and feels tighter than ever. Thanks for all the help you guys have offered along the way.

·
Registered
207 Posts
DynaTek Fusion DFE-16-025, pair valves blocked, dyna tuned at a performance shop. It's like a whole new ride!

6601 - 6620 of 6625 Posts