Honda Fury Forums: banner

6621 - 6640 of 6717 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Replaced the old chevron style engine covers for new Kuryakyn 7708 engine covers, and added spikes to the brake and shifter pegs. (shhhew... it's dusty!)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Replaced the old chevron style engine covers for new Kuryakyn 7708 engine covers, and added spikes to the brake and shifter pegs. (shhhew... it's dusty!)
Lots of work going into that bike right now I like it. How do you like having those highway pegs up high near the radiator? I was thinking of doing something similar that folded to tuck out of the way when I didn't need them. I'm 6'1" though, I wonder if I'd get full leg extension?

Reactions: johnq and Gizmo

·
Registered
408 Posts
Lots of work going into that bike right now I like it. How do you like having those highway pegs up high near the radiator? I was thinking of doing something similar that folded to tuck out of the way when I didn't need them. I'm 6'1" though, I wonder if I'd get full leg extension?
Those clamp-on's were there when I bought it used, but they were nearer the top hanging down. The new radiator cover mounted differently so I couldn't put them back in the same place and opted to mount them lower pointing upward. Turns out it looks better now.

(before)

(after)

I'm 5'10"-ish (I think) so, you'd reach okay. I added 1" extensions to spread them out a bit. I'm surprised that I can still use those pegs after installing the spike air filter. It's not in the way at all! It's nice to be able to stretch out the kinks sometimes. Besides that... it looks cool. ;-)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I removed the Danny Grey seat and put the factory 1 back on.. I powdercoated the little sissy bar black..
a friend got a powder coat set and i did the front forks and the sissybar. I am gonna try to get the foot pegs and controls doen as well. this is the old seat
20200503_123150.jpg

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I put new EBC brake pads on it...

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Are they a good pad?
I've used them for years on my truck, nothing but good things to say. When it came to the bike I had a free day to do it, and no pads. So I was just going to do OEM. Headed to the dealer, and they stocked both. I don't have a lot of miles on these yet, but so far I have been happy.

Reactions: Furi15

·
Premium Member
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
141 Posts
I've used them for years on my truck, nothing but good things to say. When it came to the bike I had a free day to do it, and no pads. So I was just going to do OEM. Headed to the dealer, and they stocked both. I don't have a lot of miles on these yet, but so far I have been happy.
Good to know. I bought the big break kit from Kbuskill. Was going to put new pads on them when I install.

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
103 Posts
I switched out my stock exhaust for Vance & Hines Slash cut Slip-Ons. love the sound. Also installed PAIR valve block off plates (dimpled). I can get a single decel pop if I really try, but nothing under my usual riding habits. seems like you have to be on the throttle pretty hard then dump it completely to make it pop. I don’t normally ride that way so no worries. I currently have the stock air box with a K&N filter inside. I plan on modifying it while my ECU is in the mail to Guhl to get reflashed, hopefully this upcoming week. For those looking, I got the block off plates from a company called Goheen Cycles. Great work and they were in stock and shipped really fast. He answered some emails I sent him pretty quick and so I also ordered some LED turn signals from him as well. They should be here Monday. I did get the flasher relay from J&P after reading an old tip from Clueless. Should be plug-n-play on that end. While I was wrenching away I managed to break off the hex head bolt that hold the air box in place. I tried to extract it but ended up ruining the threads. So my plan is to replace the stay entirely. I have already ordered the replacement, but one of the two screws that holds it in place is impossible to get to without taking the front cylinder completely off it looks like. Anyone have any suggestions? If all else fails I will cut the thing off at the base so I can reach the bolt, but still can’t see how I would turn the new one in if I did that. Ride safe.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Since my stupidity a while back, been wanting to fix 2 small dents in the tank. Was thinking to just put a vinyl wrap on after. Didn't want to put vinyl over primer so I just did a light sanding with 220 then repainted the tank black. Then got to thinking, i have the rear fender off might as well fill the 4 holes for the back rest that I'm not using. Got that done and painted then got a really dumb idea. Had some metallic blue so I did a light dusting.

Have not cleared them yet but liking the look.

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
103 Posts
So I managed to remove the air box stay. I had to bend it forward to reach the hex head bolt. But once I did, a trusty old 10mm open ended wrench did the trick just fine. Once the replacement gets here I’ll use loctite and get it as tight as I can. Something funny I noticed when changing out my exhaust. On the rear cylinder pipe, inside the muffler, the catalytic converter was completely blocked off. It looked like it had melted. Thankfully even on the stock muffler there is a port to the other pipe, otherwise I believe it would not have fired at all. When I looked at the stock muffler once it was removed, it appears as though the gasket was melted, and somehow covered the cat entirely. I don’t have a picture of this as I drilled past it in an attempt to clear it out. That worked a little, but I can really tell a huge diffeeence now that the V&H slipons are on.
This is a shot looking down onto the muffler from where the header pipes slip into. I originally thought a PO Had done something silly like try to use liquid gasket instead of waiting for the correct replacement gasket. But now that I have the Honda OEM replacement gaskets in hand, they seem to be made out of some soft rubbery material that could melt. They are definitely not metal like the header gaskets. The wire mesh you can see in the photo I now believe to be from the inside of the original gasket. Anyone else have this issue? Am I running way too hot? I haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary and she pulls and sounds like a dream now. Thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Semi finished repainting the tank and rear fender. Ran out of clear so will be doing the front fender and 3 or 4 more coats of clear next weekend. Was worried the blue metal flake would not show until the sun just came out. Bike still looks black unless the sun hits it just right then the blue pops.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I have never used EBC personally but have heard nothing but good things about them.
Got to test them out this morning. 4:30 AM headed through Boulder on my way to work, 50mph on Foothills Parkway, and there were deer on the road. Plenty of grab, actually locked the rear.

Reactions: Kbuskill
6621 - 6640 of 6717 Posts